24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: ATF Hogwild7 04/12/24
The question is do you want to be the guy that pays legal fees through the steps it takes to get to the Supreme court several years from now over a 700 dollar transaction.
36 2,388 more...
Re: Today's verses Dons99 04/12/24
Originally Posted by bludog
Today's verses:

For I am not ashamed of the Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work saving everyone who believes - the Jews first, and also the Gentiles. This Good News tells us how God makes us right in His sight. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith.

Romans 1:16-17(a)

A favorite - may we never be ashamed. Friday all day brothers. Be safe and have a great weekend!
Absolutely! Amen
2 154 more...
Re: Off to the Races Hastings 04/12/24
Originally Posted by smokepole
LOL, I didn't know racetrack perving was a sport.

Is looking at girls perving?
40 3,117 more...
IC B2
Re: Do ya miss Mr. Flave? MickinColo 04/12/24
I really never paid much attention to him, so I didn't notice all the stuff some guys hate him for.
131 9,860 more...
Re: Gold Up By $200.00 Just Since March Burleyboy 04/12/24
Originally Posted by mirage243
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Well, at 9:00 AM, it immediately surged up, now at $2,411.90.

Yep, I'm watching. Silver will break 30 shortly

Yes, silver seems to have some momentum. Now up $1.15. That's 4% just today.

Bb
58 3,426 more...
Today's verses bludog 04/12/24
Today's verses:

For I am not ashamed of the Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work saving everyone who believes - the Jews first, and also the Gentiles. This Good News tells us how God makes us right in His sight. This is accomplished from start to finish by faith.

Romans 1:16-17(a)

A favorite - may we never be ashamed. Friday all day brothers. Be safe and have a great weekend!
2 154 more...
Re: Hey DIY'ers Dons99 04/12/24
Some great ideas, thanks!
6 756 more...
Turkey Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Fun hunt killerv 04/12/24
Originally Posted by MartinStrummer
Originally Posted by colorado bob
Atta Boy !! " Take a kid hunting & You'll never have to hunt for the kid"

Can't read this without thinking of this incident!

My dad first took me hunting when I was three.
He never skipped taking me hunting every season until I was old enough to hunt on my own.
We hunted the same lease in East Texas until pop passed in 1981. I hunted it one more year before the landowner sold out to Ducks Unlimited. So, from 1951 to 1982.

When I got my driver's license, I would borrow dad's truck.
I would go to camp Friday after school. Hunt Friday afternoon, Saturday morning and afternoon. I could also hunt Sunday morning, but I had to be home in time to go to church Sunday night.

As I loaded the truck one Friday, mom (not a BIG hunting fan!) asked me why I never had a date or hung out with friends on the weekends? You always go to that old camp. I just smiled and drove off.
When I returned Sunday morning, mom was waiting for me.
"You missed all the excitement this weekend." she said.
"Jim R., Randy S. and Roger M. got arrested for minors in possession of alcohol!"
"Pretty much SOP for those three every weekend!" I replied.

Dad had already told me he needed the truck the next weekend. When I got off the bus the next Friday, dad's pickup was sitting in the drive.
When I walked in the house, mom said, "I got you some bacon, eggs and pork & beans! You going hunting this weekend?"
Needless to say, I decided to go hunting!

True story.

I hunted mostly a bow/shotgun only county, I kept a mossberg 835 behind the seat of my single cab chevy 1500, it and a lightweight camo jump suit. I'd head straight to the woods after school and throw that jump suit on over my school clothes. I remember the first big buck I killed by myself. I ran back to the truck as quick as I could to call my dad on one of those old bellsouth bag phones. Good times.
11 859 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: WTS swfa 3-9 Crambo 04/12/24
MSU hunter please contact me
5 740 more...
Re: American Thinker reveals the globohomo shill strategy 45_100 04/12/24
That is a very good article. It confirms and puts into perspective several things I always suspected.
13 1,198 more...
IC B3
Re: Off to the Races antelope_sniper 04/12/24
Originally Posted by smokepole

It's best played as a contact sport.
40 3,117 more...
Long Range Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Milk jug challenge, by Backfire YT Channel Garandimal 04/12/24
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
Originally Posted by Garandimal
Originally Posted by Jackson_Handy
The backfire guy is a skinny-fat beta male that survives off of clickbait. Dude is clueless.

Follow a youtube channel worth a dam

thlr.no

He is simply spotlighting that even confident "Long Range" shooters - can't hunt past normal ranges w/o their concrete benches and lead-sleds.

[.270 Winchester laughing]

GR

Yes, you'd know something about that. (Hint....it's you)

Because you've shot w/ me.

No, wait... never mind.

GR
138 14,744 more...
Re: WTS 7.08 Rem 700 Custom Rifle by APR Jeffpg 04/12/24
$2725.00 obo
​​​​​​​
I am downsizing my gun collection.
22 2,868 more...
Re: Off to the Races smokepole 04/12/24
40 3,117 more...
Re: ATF Burleyboy 04/12/24
They've been talking about a new Biden executive order that's supposed to stop the gunshow loophole and stop private sales.

What I read says anyone who sells a gun at a profit without an ffl is in big trouble. The law says that placing a for sale ad or reserving a table at a gunshow is considered trying to profit from guns. So I guess by that definition using the classified section here to sell a gun would be illegal unless you have an ffl.

That doesn't make sense to me because most every gun people sell on the classifieds gets shipped to an ffl for the buyer to pick up there. The law says stuff about preventing sellers from claiming they are just selling off some of their personal collection.

Then in other places it talks about exceptions for selling off parts of personal collections. What I read didn't make sense as usual. They just shot that airport manager in the head because he bought too many guns. Of course you still can't figure out how many you can buy and what and when you can sell.

Clear as mud. Seems like they tell you you need an ffl and then if you try to get one they tell you you don't qualify. I just don't sell things unless I've had them over a year or so. The few times I've bought something and then didn't like it or changed my mind I've sold it at a loss so I wasn't doing it to make money.

Bb
36 2,388 more...
Re: The most important turkey thread posted in the last hour killerv 04/12/24
I've been throwing on the same leaf suit over whatever for the past 20 years. Back when cabelas made good stuff, its held up well. Got my son a redhead brand for this season, only one I could find in a kid size, leaves already falling off the dang thing. Cheap junk. I knew it, but didn't think it would be this bad.
18 1,357 more...
Long Range Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Milk jug challenge, by Backfire YT Channel sherm_61 04/12/24
Originally Posted by Blackheart
I've never personally seen anybody shoot at game from a prone position in my life and I've seen a lot of game killed by a lot of people. Varmints yes but game never.
That answers you bagging on LR hunters, kinda hard to shoot prone with a bow or in the brush.
138 14,744 more...
Re: Doodle on a Motorcycle Birdwatcher 04/12/24
Originally Posted by jar
I think she is an idiot, lots of half azz info and stays on the negative side too much for me. but she is cute enough to get people to look at her videos

Half azz info? To each their own. I found the advice and facts she puts out to be spot-on. She’s making motorcycles accessible to newbies and/or women who prob’ly wouldn’t consider it…

She speaks well, has an interesting background, doesn’t hurt either that she’s easy on the eyes.

16 1,854 more...
AR Stuff -Daniel Defense, Magpul mow1954 04/12/24
I just sold my AR and have a few accessories Id like to find new homes for. All are new and unused. Id like to sell as a lot for $190 TYD. If no takers before Monday, Ill sell individually, as priced below. All prices include shipping

Daniel Defense Pistol Grip and M-Lok Vertical Foregrip - $55

Daniel Defense Butt Pad - $12

Magazines - One Daniel Defense and two Center Industries - $45

Magpul MS-1 sling - $35

Magpul MOE Carbine Stock and Vertical Foregrip - $65
4 605 more...
Re: Stopped by the taxidermy shop today. killerv 04/12/24
heck yeah, congrats!

Did the same for my son

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
14 1,219 more...
Re: Our first calf of the year. slumlord 04/12/24
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
11 1,000 more...
Elk Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Wyo. Elk Coyote10 04/12/24
Got a resident friend up there and he couldn't even find a place to unload the horses it was s crowded last year in late season. Said he just went back home. It pretty much is a scam and the private owners ain't gonna let you bang on cows if a 15000 dollar bull is in play.
18 1,675 more...
Re: Hey DIY'ers asheepdog 04/12/24
Useful, thanks
6 756 more...
Re: "Puff, the Majac Dragon"? ERK 04/12/24
My numbers on Puffs firepower came from a military film from around 1970 when I was 17 years old. It’s possible the military might have exaggerated a little.
On a different note I believe my draft number that year was 312 so no Vietnam for me. I had two older brothers who had already been there for the fun and games.
One was a door gunner in a Huey. They took out the 30 caliber guns and installed 50 cal for [bleep] and giggles. Edk
107 7,804 more...
Re: Do ya miss the eclipse?? Timbermaster 04/12/24
N
11 703 more...
Page 616 of 629 1 2 614 615 616 617 618 628 629
AX24

97 members (7mm_Loco, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 35, Akhutr, 7x57Hunter, 8 invisible), 1,533 guests, and 750 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,564
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.