24hourcampfire.com
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Russian False Flag gunchamp 03/22/24
Originally Posted by JohnBurns
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by Teal
Shooting and blast in Russia

I've seen video inside and the like - seems like this is actually happening but that doesn't mean it's not a false flag designed to create dead perps tied to Ukraine or something.

Figured I'd post this to start the convo as it's all over Twitter/X - which means it should hit the Fire late tonight or tomorrow maybe. Depends on Toot's nap schedule.
What a load of crap! Ukraine has been saying that this was going to be their next step.

Please cite your source, and the voices in your head are not going to be considered a reliable source.

Thanks
Everyone knows you are a uketard john. Piss off
129 8,802 more...
Big Game Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: 243 Win - Sierra 87 gr BTHP vs 95 SST for deer? Triggernosis 03/22/24
Thanks, gentlemen.

BTW, irrespective of accuracy, how fast should I be trying to push either one of these bullets for good performance from say 50 to 300 yards on whitetails?
45 4,277 more...
Re: What the hell are you doing this weekend?? VarmintGuy 03/22/24
Hanco: Good luck on getting a new spot to Hunt!
I will do some ice fishing and some shooting (wind has diminished) take in a movie show and also a music concert at the local college.
Ranch estate sale coming up so will be busy trying to get that in as well.
Again good luck on the Hunt scouting.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
61 3,949 more...
IC B2
Re: Favorite Plinking Games kenster99 03/22/24
One area near me where I shoot has a seasonal creek that is pretty fast running right now. Fun to toss in a chunk of wood, and open up on the fast moving target. Yesterday it was my Colt Commander 45acp, other times whatever i have with me .
17 1,145 more...
Re: Russian False Flag gunchamp 03/22/24
Originally Posted by JoeBob
I suspect Putin will go out of his way NOT to blame Ukraine unless it’s absolutely unavoidable. This sort of thing will have public opinion in Russia wanting to nuke Ukraine…and it’s supporters. Putin is nothing if not measured and he would not want this to get out of control.
Agree with that. We are on the verge of nuclear war. Hanging on by a thread and the US and the chit bags in nato are responsible
129 8,802 more...
Re: Russian False Flag colodog 03/22/24
Not related to the shooting, Why is "Crocus City Hall" spelled in English in the video of the shooting posted by Teal?

These days I'm wondering about a lot of things but in Russia it seems odd...
129 8,802 more...
Turkey Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Remington TSS? Aviator 03/22/24
I shot the Remington tss #9 today in my Mossberg 20 gauge with a Carlsons LBXR .568 choke at 40 yards and could not tell any difference in between it and Federal heavyweight #9.
18 2,406 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: 70’s vintage bear grizzly grayling green Lineman99 03/22/24
TTT
10 1,405 more...
Re: Random Palestinians Targeted While Walking In Street jc189 03/22/24
Looks like a drone strike to me. If your quick with the pause you can see its an attack from above.

Military aged males in an obvious combat zone. My guess is they could have had some intel that one of them might have been a HVT. the rest were just collateral damage. Not uncommon to send more than one round on a strike with multiple targets, especially if a possible HVT is suspected. Jmo.
89 6,987 more...
Re: Browning Bar 9.3x62 spence1875 03/22/24
I noticed as well. Winchester is selling their version, same internals as the BAR right now in the USA. All over gunbroker.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/1041936161
11 1,295 more...
IC B3
Re: YIKES - Princess Has Cancer! VarmintGuy 03/22/24
Rte: Thanks for that video link.
Sad for her - I don't know how old she is but compared to me she is to darned young to be fighting cancer.
And she has three little ones!
Prayers sent.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
104 9,135 more...
Browning Bar 9.3x62 Sako 03/22/24
Something you do not see everyday that I am trying not to buy.... Someone please buy this thing so I do not... Simpson Ltd has it...

https://simpsonltd.com/browning-bar-z60410/
11 1,295 more...
Re: My county and city are a paradise for thugs Mannlicher 03/22/24
Originally Posted by LouisB
Are these some of the folks that sorass bought and paid for their POsitions?
not in this Fla. Judicial Circuit, but there were several that fit that description in other parts of FLa.
29 2,591 more...
Re: Republicans Flip Demonrat Stronghold. VarmintGuy 03/22/24
Rte & Mannlicher: Indeed "good news" for, and by Republicans, is somewhat rare these days - and worthy of note.
Thanks for the heads up.
GO TRUMP
FJB
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
9 900 more...
Re: Friday wabigoon 03/22/24
Charles Westover?
59 2,822 more...
Backpack Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Lightweight vs heavy boots? Kaleb 03/22/24
Originally Posted by Brad
My wife and I both switched to Topo Ultraventure Pro's. We won't be using anything else from here on out, and if they're discontinued, I'll be buying a dozen.

Is the ultraventure pro discontinued? I see it available in several places but not listed on the topo site unless I’m just overlooking them.
277 49,988 more...
Re: Best way to donate to the Trump campaign? Jim1611 03/22/24
Originally Posted by Futura
Originally Posted by Woodsman1991
Under NO circumstances give your real phone number on any WinRed donation. They'll bomb you with 3-5 texts PER DAY. Ask me how I know... But yes that's the best way to donate directly to him.

Maybe I’ll donate and use my Democrat neighbors phone number on the form. Not sure I want to stress him out too much. He had a notice on his front door a few months ago warning he had Covid despite being fully boosted. Not sure if his heart could handle a thank you text from Trump.
And where is the problem with that grin
15 1,260 more...
T/C New Englander 12 Gauge Muzzleloader Phil99 03/22/24
Just in time for turkey season, I’m selling a super clean Thompson Center New Englander 12 gauge muzzle loading shotgun. Very pretty walnut stock, 26” blued cylinder bore barrel.

The barrels interchange on this model, so a .50 or .54 caliber New Englander rifle barrel can be swapped into the stock in a couple minutes. The rifle barrels are easy to find, but the shotgun barrels are scarce.

The condition of this one would be difficult to improve on. There are a couple of very small imperfections on the buttstock, and one small surface scratch on the barrel blueing, but aside from that the gun is flawless. The bore is perfect, and the hammer and nipple area has no corrosion.

I’ve got the gun set up with a T/C musket cap nipple for better ignition, but I’m including the original percussion cap nipple as well. Also included are four bags of 12 gauge wads (heavy felt, over shot, over powder, and lighter felt “wonder wads”), cleaning jag, and a set of spare ramrod hardware. These are partial bags, but each contains at least 50-60 wads.

The gun will fire a pretty devastating pattern if it’s loaded correctly, despite being a straight cylinder bore (most 18th and 19th century muzzle loading shotguns were cylinder bore). I will include load data to the buyer. I used the gun primarily for turkey hunting, and I was confident in its abilities out to around 27 yards, plenty far enough if you’re a decent caller using decoys; I believe this could be improved upon with more experimentation.

$625 shipped in the lower 48.

Payment by PayPal Friends and Family, US postal money order, or personal check (held 10 days).
First solid “I’ll take it” followed by a quick PM wins.
8 581 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: What would cause this type of FTF? Triggernosis 03/22/24
Originally Posted by FreeMe
Originally Posted by Triggernosis
Originally Posted by JefeMojado
What brand of primers are you using?, and are you seatings them firmly.
CCI. I primed them on the press, which I usually don't do - usually hand-prime. So I'm thinking that's likely the issue.

I did use a FCD.

I'm not going to do anything until I fire some more and I will pick out the ones that don't fire on the first strike and do some measuring and see how they are different than the others.

Do this, at least. Check all your loaded rounds' primers to see if any are not fully seated. If you can verify that they are, then you can eliminate that variable up front.
Just how stupid would it be to try to use my hand primer to seat them deeper? 🤣🤣🤣
74 5,841 more...
Re: 60 Dead - 100 Wounded - Moscow Shooting navlav8r 03/22/24
The Democratic are going to be calling for more gun laws here. 😡
118 7,711 more...
Re: YIKES - Princess Has Cancer! Redneck 03/22/24
Originally Posted by HTDUCK
I could give two shi ts about the royal family but I wish that horrible disease on no one.
Ditto... Unless it's Biden, nobody needs that crap..
104 9,135 more...
Remsen? wabigoon 03/22/24
It's been awhile since he posted. Know anything?
0 210 more...
Re: 60 Dead - 100 Wounded - Moscow Shooting VarmintGuy 03/22/24
Tyrone: I wonder if this was some sort of retaliation by pro-Ukraine people or a group protesting the sham election of vlad putin last week?
Shame that a lot of innocents were kill't.
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy
118 7,711 more...
Re: Kimber 84M Classic - 260 Remington Southtex 03/22/24
Sako76, I do not have any prior knowledge of the rifle’s accuracy and I have not fired it. Purchased from an elderly gents collection. He was downsizing his “safe queen” collection. Sorry…..I know that does not help much.
15 1,581 more...
Re: Sanity for a change minengr 03/22/24
Originally Posted by jaguartx
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

"Little Egypt is sandwiched between Alpha, KY and Omega, IL."

No, it's sandwiched between the Ohio, Wabash, and Mississippi rivers.

Omega is a township in Illinois, not a town with a population of 500 spread out across the 36 sq. miles. Alpha, KY is 200 miles SE from the IL/KY border and is an unincorporated dot on the map. For comparison, Knoxville, TN is only 80 miles away Neither were in the totality path in 2017. The "ark" is at least a 5 hour drive to the east located between Lexington, KY and Cincinnati, OH. It will be equally missed by both events.

Little Egypt got it name from the fertile farm ground near Edwardsville, IL and the close proximity of the Cahokia mounds that looked like pyramids.

This clown author missed the best, probably most well known example. About a mile from the X is Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, it's where NASA is set up. The mascot is the Saluki, an Egyptian hunting dog.

Cherry on top is the earthquake prediction. Bud, you're about 30+ years late. That was predicted to happen 12/3/1990. The best part about that prediction is the local idiots still had their supplies for Y2K, might still have them.

Southern Illinois has to suffer enough thanks to Chicago, we don't need this bull. If you're going to make up sh1t at least get the basics correct. I'm currently typing this about 30 miles from that X, anything else about the area you'd like to be educated about?
11,939 945,876 more...
Page 715 of 773 1 2 713 714 715 716 717 772 773
YB23

Who's Online Now
203 members (160user, 12344mag, 257 roberts, 257robertsimp, 257 mag, 10Glocks, 20 invisible), 1,860 guests, and 858 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,728
Posts18,400,787
Members73,822
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.