24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Illegal Aliens Can Carry Guns gunchamp 03/21/24
Originally Posted by Morgoth
Originally Posted by TomT
The enemy isn’t at our “gates”, the enemy is within us. I couldn’t write a better plot for a movie than what’s being done to our once great Country. A pox on ALL of the Leftist scum that allows an armed invasion of our Country!

I work at a LGS in the Suburbs East of NYC (about 35miles). I had THREE illegals in my shop just yesterday inquiring about handguns. I sent them to the local licensing Police Dept. Let them deal with them. Fortunately, you need a green card to get a pistol license in NY. I’m not a fan of that either. What Country in their right mind would arm tens of thousands (if not more) of foreign nationals (legal or not)?????!!!!!! Just seems insane! Almost like intentional ruination.
took the words right out of my mouth. This is intentional but to what end? It can only end badly for everyone.
The end is the end of american civilization as we know it and the end of white folks. That has been the plan for a very long time
209 14,029 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: lee collet dies Blacktailer 03/21/24
Originally Posted by valad
Originally Posted by mathman
You've already sized the brass with the RCBS die. So why are you trying now to use the collet die on the neck?

mathman,

Previously I sized brass and had runout of something like 4 thousands, maybe 5 thousands. This makes me think its the die itself that is causing the runout.
From what everyone is saying if I size on the RCBS dies then sizing the necks are not needed.
But if I shot these ammo in the rifle then only neck sizing is needed.
I resize the brass without the mandrel. Saw an article by John Barsness that he put the mandrel back in the die and did not snug down. Is this going to produce less run out?
A properly set up FL die cannot produce runout.
That statement is probably going to set some people off so let me explain.
A FL die is made by rotating a blank die body in a lathe chuck while feeding in a precision ground reamer which is held in a floating reamer holder. Even if the original hole in the blank die body is out of round or not on center (highly unlikely because all internal operations are done in the same set up) the floating reamer holder will allow for any slop in the lathe.
Where a FL die CAN produce neck runout is when the sizing mandrel is pulled out of the neck which is why Mule Deer suggests removing the stem (or I use a stem from a smaller caliber such as a 270 stem in a 30-06 die to do the decapping) then pushing the correct size mandrel INTO the case in a separate operation.
A lot of induced runout can also be minimized by leaving the stem a little loose and only snugging up the lock nut at the top of the press stroke when the decap pin is in the primer hole which will insure that the decap stem is centered.
64 7,555 more...
Re: What causes plaque in your arteries? wabigoon 03/21/24
I am not a Doctor, my Doctor is, I take the pills He prescribes.
94 6,526 more...
IC B2
Re: Squatters rights!!??? Riverc 03/21/24
Originally Posted by Simplepeddler
Originally Posted by Riverc
If I came home from vacation and squatters were occupying my home I would end up in Jail. This is the most ridiculous thing I've heard in a while squatter having more rights than the original landowner/homeowner.

That's what I'm screaming here!!

Who the hell just walks away from their own house and says "I'll see you in court you darn squatter"??

Around south Louisiana, we would be running crabs off their carcasses and sharing the crabs with our cousins.

Yep, would make good crawfish bait too.
81 5,583 more...
Re: Baileys Irish Creme in coffee BuckHaggard 03/21/24
I prefer Kahlua, but rarely combine coffee and alcohol in the same cup.
39 2,466 more...
Handgun Reloading Jump to new posts
Re: Anyone Super? erickg 03/21/24
Originally Posted by sdgunslinger
very good write up on the Super by Brian Pierce..............

https://www.handloadermagazine.com/38-super-automatic-p

Pearce has pretty much become my source for real world load data, right after posting I went digging through my back issues and came up with the issue you mentioned, thanks for the tip.
11 1,292 more...
Gunsmithing Jump to new posts
Re: Wanted: Stevens 67E trigger guard- 20ga ziagunsmith 03/21/24
Thanks for the thought. I need the one that has the tang safety, this one is the cross bolt type. They do have the tang safety type listed for 12 ga, but I'm not sure it will fit the 20 ga as the cross bolt one says it's for 16, 20 & 410 ga, but doesn't include 12 ga. Go figure. I might have to try it just in case it works!! Thanks again.
3 366 more...
Re: Illegal Aliens Can Carry Guns gunchamp 03/21/24
Originally Posted by Stophel
Doesn't much matter anymore.

We are never going to vote our way out of this, and trying to "go back to the Constitution" ain't gonna do us any good at all now.

It's way too late for that.
Been saying this for a long time
209 14,029 more...
Re: Squatters rights!!??? wabigoon 03/21/24
I have no success renting.
81 5,583 more...
Re: Its meme time natman 03/21/24
Originally Posted by OldmanoftheSea
[Linked Image]

Real science welcomes challenge. Real science is based on continuous challenge.
76,020 14,126,850 more...
IC B3
Air Guns Jump to new posts
Re: Beeman R-24 or Ruger Impact Max bowmanh 03/21/24
I've never heard of a Beeman R24. I suppose it could be a new model but that seems unlikely if it's not on the website. Generally speaking, Beeman makes quality air guns.
4 528 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Scope for 30-06 Switch 03/21/24
6X Leupold, I honestly have never adjusted the power ring in a hunting situation.
48 4,153 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Sako s20 6.5 cm... New!! verg 03/21/24
pic of gun...
9 1,148 more...
Re: Baileys Irish Creme in coffee AZmark 03/21/24
I put a little Irish Cream in my Dark Hot Chocolate. Not a coffee drinker.
But sometimes I put a little Hot Chocolate in my Irish Cream.

Also use the Costco brand, but the nearest Costco is 260 miles away.
39 2,466 more...
Re: Squatters rights!!??? WayneShaw 03/21/24
Keep a good supply of lime.
81 5,583 more...
Re: What causes plaque in your arteries? AML 03/21/24
You can't trust your lab work or other tests. My Pcp used to marvel at my cholesterol numbers and triglycerides. In the last year I had an echocardiogram that essentially found my heart to be in excellent condition. I had a cardiac stress test I aced because I work out regularly. I had a dopler of carotid arteries that showed minimal plaque buildup for my age. I was eating a balanced diet. March 10 I had a serious heart attack. I needed four stents to get my artery open. I'm on two statins and an anticoagulant. Very strict low sodium diet. When I had my follow-up visit to my pcp after discharge from the icu, he was stunned and almost apologetic. He kept scrolling back through my history on his computer and shaking his head. There was nothing he could see that would have predicted what happened.
94 6,526 more...
Re: Squatters rights!!??? gunchamp 03/21/24
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Originally Posted by wabigoon
My Wife had bad renters out in two days

Did she threaten to have you come over and talk to them?
lmfao!
81 5,583 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: Let's Talk $100-$200 Scopes slowr1der 03/21/24
Originally Posted by sandpit
ive got a simmons 8 point 3-9 scope, i think it was 50.00. it tracks better than any new leupold freedom i got and easier to zero. i went back to an old chief scope 3-9 on my 22-250, gave the leupolds away what a disapointment
I'm not going to lie, I've had significantly better luck with Simmons scopes than I have with Leupold. As have most of the guys in my hunt club. Imo they've never gotten near the credit they deserve online.

That said, I probably haven't bought a new Simmons in 10 years or so. I can't really personally speak to the current models, but several guys in our hunt club have used recent production models without complaints.

I do think the Burris FFII or the E1 are some of the best values in a hunting scope. That's the way I generally tend to lean when looking for a budget hunting scope these days.
55 7,155 more...
Alaska Jump to new posts
Re: For you Valley residents Snowwolfe 03/21/24
I know Anchorage residents can order most furniture on Costcos web site and have it delivered to their homes.
Does the same apply to Palmer and Wasilla?
59 5,738 more...
Big Game Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Need a chronograph Hudge 03/21/24
If you get a Garmin, please pay attention to the owners manual about operating it below 15F, they aren’t joking. I used it at 20F and it ate up the battery quickly. I went out last Friday and we used it in 37F temps for more than 4 hours and it only used 23% of the battery charge. When I used it at 20F it was for less than 2 hours and used over 30% of the battery life. I’m in no way complaining, as I know how batteries and cold temps do together. The older I get, the less I like to shoot in temps below 25F or so.
28 2,592 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Re: Let's Talk $100-$200 Scopes kk alaska 03/21/24
Then Minox 3x9 was a good scope have about 5 none have broke on all kinds or rifles. Clear and adjust correctly. No longer made.
55 7,155 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Xtreme Penetrator/ Xtreme Hunter? AZtwins 03/21/24
Has anyone used the Underwood monolithic bullets for hunting? Just browsing through ballistic tests and they seem to do well in gel so just wondering how that translates to real-world results. Looking at the 10mm in particular. I have favored heavy bullets, usually hard cast, but the tests have me wondering how the others perform.
5 806 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: WTB ------ Tikka Pro Varmint .22 69sportfury 03/21/24
My bad... Thanks

Looking at too many things

CZ 457 Pro Varmint wanted
5 341 more...
Re: Its meme time DMc 03/21/24
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
76,020 14,126,850 more...
Re: Squatters rights!!??? gunchamp 03/21/24
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Originally Posted by GAGoober
How would Tony Soprano handle it?

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
This is the proper way to handle it!
81 5,583 more...
Page 749 of 770 1 2 747 748 749 750 751 769 770
YB23

Who's Online Now
559 members (260Remguy, 007FJ, 160user, 10gaugeman, 17CalFan, 1Longbow, 53 invisible), 2,343 guests, and 1,087 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,597
Posts18,398,204
Members73,815
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.