24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Backpack Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Kifaru SBTCO 8 hours ago
Originally Posted by Calvin
Must be a weak point. Looks like same as mine. Mine ripped with about a 90lb moose load, while standing up too.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Don’t laugh at my dental floss field fix.

Having several packs rip at the same point due to heavy loads tells me there is a design flaw at that point. Aaron needs to put some backing behind those bar tacks or Kifaru will keep having the same issue if they already haven't. I'm no expert but have sewed up a a few homemade packs and gear and when you run a stitch back and forth over the same spot like a bar tack you can weaken the fabric at that point because of all the extra needle holes and tugging on fabric threads. Putting some backing inside the waste belt will help alleviate the issue.
43 6,242 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
WTS: Sig P228/229 9mm mags warpig602 8 hours ago
Factory Sig marked in VG condition, Italian made, 13 round capacity. These are not 229-1 marked mags. 33.00ea shipped

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]
0 98 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: 7mm-08 rifle with longer action ? buttstock 8 hours ago
Tikka actions are one size: "long", They utilize different bolt stops and magazines to match the cartridge's length to the action.

So, you can buy a Tikka in a "short" cartridge ( ie 7mm--08), and either grind back the bolt stop ledge to allow the cartridge to be extracted further rearward (out to "long case", ie 30-06 size), then use Tikka long action magazines for longer seating options..

Or, buy a Tikka long action bolt stop, and use long action mags (270 Win/30-06).

Here is one source, but Brownell's and other places have Tikka long and short bolt stops.
https://www.mountaintactical.com/categories/tikka-t3t3x-action-parts

If you do get a Tikka, you may want to upgrade the factory recoil lug with a high-strength recoil lug. Easy-peasy DIY replacement. I did it on my Tikka T3 308 Win Varmint.
https://www.mountaintactical.com/categories/recoil-lugs
41 4,131 more...
IC B2
Image Gallery Jump to new posts
2024 Turkey season PWN 8 hours ago
Got it done.
0 22 more...
AR and Tactical Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: PSA Lower on sale Pappy348 8 hours ago
Originally Posted by tomt53
Damn you Pappy348, grin grin you cost me $680.00. I ordered two cool One last Thursday and when it came in and I checked it out, I ordered a second one. Thanks for the heads up!!!

Well it seems my work here wasn’t quite as done as I thought……😜
18 1,725 more...
Re: semi custom kimber montana 7mm-08 winchester lubbockdave 8 hours ago
$2300 shipped gun and scope.
12 1,437 more...
Re: gentry rifle/semi custom .308 lubbockdave 8 hours ago
$1000 shipped
7 1,216 more...
Re: kimber montana semi custom .243 lubbockdave 8 hours ago
$1450 shipped
33 4,371 more...
Re: World's Finest Trimmer BR willyp 8 hours ago
Open to offers...
3 508 more...
Re: Leupold Scope Rings willyp 8 hours ago
Updated:

#1 - 30mm High Height (Dual Dovetail) - Matte Black (Leupold # 49958) $25.00 Shipped

#3 - 30mm High Height (Dual Dovetail) - Matte Black (Leupold # 49958) $25.00 Shipped

#4 - 30mm High Height (Dual Dovetail) - Matte Black (Leupold # 49958) $25.00 Shipped

#6 - 30mm High Height (Dual Dovetail) - Matte Black (Leupold # 49958) $25.00 Shipped

Open to offers.
3 450 more...
IC B3
Rimfires Jump to new posts
Re: Browning 1911 22lr vbshootinrange 8 hours ago
pabucktail;

I carry my Browning 1911-22 in an Officers Model 1911 IWB holster. My belt "snugs" it in just fine.

Virgil B.
14 1,567 more...
Re: Glock 34 Gen 3 9mm with Extras READY FOR USPSA COMPETITION barm 8 hours ago
$960
30 2,161 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: S&W 6” 16-4 PennDog 8 hours ago
Originally Posted by pacecars
Originally Posted by PennDog
Originally Posted by pacecars
I just pointed out that it appears to be in excellent condition to indicate I won’t need cosmetic work. I am putting a scope on it because I want more precision than iron sight allow. My eyesight isn’t the best at 57 and a scope makes me able to be more accurate which is what I want in a hunting gun. Most of my hunting revolvers wear a scope and my 5” S&W 610 wears a red dot sight. I have a couple of revolvers that are “packing” pistols that have 5” barrels that have iron sights. I happen to think a K Frame with a 6” barrel and a scope looks pretty cool

Ronnie

Understand - you’re the only one you have to please - didn’t mean to come across as obtuse - again just my opinion and certainly doesn’t mean a thing.

PennDog

No offense taken and sorry if I came across kinda snotty in my reply. I knew when I posted on the S&W site and maybe on here I would get some grief for “ruining” it. I looked a lot before I found this one at a price I was willing to pay. I also figured some would say it was too small a caliber to use on deer but I see it as perfectly capable within its limitations just like any other pistol or rifle chambering. Once I shoot it and establish its accuracy I will know how far I will be able to shoot deer at.

Ronnie - I’m the one who should apologize…..I re-read my first post and it sounded awfully judgemental! I meant no offense just trying to express my opinion and not doing it very well. I do know that you are very conscientious and will do what is needed to have an accurate, capable revolver to take deer with. I would imagine with a scope that you will have outstanding accuracy out to 100+ yards - my 16s are shooting 2”ish groups off the bench at 50yds with my eyes - extremely accurate as you know.

Again, apologies and best of luck and let us know how it goes when you get it back!

PennDog
16 1,070 more...
Re: Bullets and Scope FS Trappererick 8 hours ago
2 and 3 sold scope still available. If interested make an offer.
3 399 more...
Long Range Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Accuracy....Bergers vs Hornady Coyote10 8 hours ago
If it ain't broke, fix it til it is....
4 326 more...
Rimfires Jump to new posts
Re: Those CZ 457s Bearcat74 8 hours ago
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Bearcat74
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Bearcat74
I shoot against an MTR and 4-5 Varmint in various stock configurations and they are always hard to deal with.

I wish Tikka would make a T1x with a Varmint/MTR heavy barrel profile 20-22".

If Tikka would make a tiny CTR in a 22lr, I'd be all over that!! 22" heavy barrel, would be cool. I know your T1x shoots damn well, but one that looks like a CTR would be cool.

I would buy one immediately. My little T1x is a great shooter but a mini CTR would force me to go that route.

The 457's I shoot against improve quite a bit from pillar bedding.

While the factory pillars are nothing to write home about, the rifle can be made much better after a little bedding in the right spot. After that, there is no one here that can "crush' a factory pillar:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
I would snap the head of the action screw off, before the pillar would crush. It's all simple mechanics. Since it has the recoil lug mounted in the rear of the action, this is a pretty good approach. Others can do things their way, but then there are guys always scratching their nuts, wondering why they get first shot fliers, or even random fliers..
That's just how I roll though. Again, they are great rifles. Not my best shooter, but it does alright after a little modification. Got to head out to the shop right now, and install a pillar in my 10/22 stock. Did some swapping around with the 2 I have.

Yeah, I'm not sure what was up with their rifles. They were all shot as is and shot ok. They were bedded and didn't really shoot any better so the factory pillars were drilled out and replaced with aluminum and they were bedded again with accuracy much improved.

A new one has shown up and simply as is he is knocking on 230 on the usbr while the other 3 I mentioned were low 220's consistently before being repillared. Now those 3 are 230-235 consistently.
16 1,275 more...
Re: WTS: Leupold VX5HD 3-15x44, Duplex warpig602 8 hours ago
9 1,358 more...
Ruger M77 Tang 22-250 Varmint MEDDINS 8 hours ago
Ruger M77 22-250
Varmint Barrel
Tang Safety 1989 Model
Very Rare find
Won’t find many in this good of shape
$1175

(502) six five 5 - 7 4 four 5

Text for more pics
0 158 more...
Hunting Dogs Jump to new posts
Re: Ceskky Fousek or wire haired vizsla thoughts ribka 8 hours ago
Originally Posted by CRS
I agree with the individual dog characteristic on shedding. But need to start at the start and hope for the best. Will certainly talk to, and visit any kennel about the trait for sure. Due to wife, this non negotiable.

The wirehairs with undercoat seem to be the best. Labs and Chesapeake's are certainly a no go. along with GWP and DD's from my research. A plain Vizsla would probably work, but are too cold sensitive. A WPG would work too, but need to verify to make sure I get a hunter line. That is what lead me to the Fousek.

Recently retired and will work any dog I get consistently. I want this dog to be an all around hunter. Upland, waterfowl, blood trailing, coons, sheds etc.

Ive had vizslas. not the wired haired and now own griffs very similar to griffons. both great breeds. I think for water fowl, small game in addition to upland id go cessky. they do shed some. and hunting cover with burrs, seeds have to constantly comb out burrs etc to keep on top of them plus spray with conditioner before hunting. great companions disposition for household dog. finding a good breeder would be my may concern.

I wouldn't chase coons with these two breeds.Personally think too soft. Coons can tear up a dog

DD would be better. id pass on a dog breed that would aggressively chase and kill coons for a companion upland dog . They tend to to go after and kill cats, chickens etc. but I take my dogs everywhere and hike and fly fish with them
7 1,119 more...
Re: Nicholas Smith Squirrel Knife Blue Line VinceM 8 hours ago
Originally Posted by VinceM
btt $210
20 1,763 more...
Re: Miller Drop Point VinceM 8 hours ago
Originally Posted by VinceM
btt $180
38 3,449 more...
WTS: Leupold VX6 2-12, Firedot LR Duplex warpig602 8 hours ago
Like new in box. CDS is unused. Has the hard to find Firedot LR Duplex. Will come with original box, papers etc.
1100.00 shipped

Excuse the little white specs don't he scope, pieces of packing peanuts I didn't blow off.
0 175 more...
Ruger 77/17 Skeleton Stock MEDDINS 8 hours ago
Ruger 77/17 “Paddle Stock”
17 HMR
Comes with rings no scope
1100 obo

Five 0 two 655- seven 44 five
0 140 more...
Flyfishing Jump to new posts
New rod overload? Well, used stuff actually. WStrayer 8 hours ago
Looking to get back into flyfishing. I have a cheap-o Eagle Claw but looking at used graphite rods. 8' or so, 2 piece, 6 weight line for trout and some river bass.
What should I look at and what to avoid?
0 65 more...
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Today's Verse wabigoon 8 hours ago
Thank you Sir.
1 123 more...
Page 10 of 18 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 17 18
AX24

567 members (12344mag, 1eyedmule, 21, 1beaver_shooter, 222Sako, 222ND, 68 invisible), 2,473 guests, and 1,276 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,675
Posts18,456,243
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.