24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: College Protests EIB0879 1 hour ago
I have two graduating from college in a few weeks. Between college, working, and trying to find jobs using their degrees it doesn't
Leave time for this kind of BS.
16 589 more...
Hunting Trucks and Four-Wheel Drives Jump to new posts
Re: 2019 Jeep Rubicon 4dr Longbob 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by sactoller
Originally Posted by Longbob
Originally Posted by Angus55
My 2014 had a lot of add on’s , 4” lift with big tires and wheels, the jeep is just like the Rams lifted, I have Power Wagon and a Diesel , big tires, good old death wobble . I would definitely research and talk to good Jeep shops about who makes best lifts, mine was Rough Country, POS , save your tires and going to shops having rotations and balance all the time, I wouldn’t go over 2-1/2” lift. I had everything you can put on one, even duels 😁, enjoy, almost as free filling as a Harley.

I wasn't thinking about lifting ours and limiting the tire size to 35" if possible with the stock suspension. I appreciate the heads up if we end up needing to lift it a little.

What is your gearing? It is probably 4.10 and it will run 35's fairly well, but I would rather be at 4.88.

I would do a 2 1/2 to 3 " lift. Icon and Tera Flex are excellent choices.

Yes, it is the stock 4.10 gearing. I will look into those also if it looks like we will need to lift it. We are flying down to Houston to pick it up on Saturday.
14 577 more...
Savage Collectors Jump to new posts
Re: 1895 SRC norm99 1 hour ago
If we quit ;earning we might as well be dead.

Norm
25 1,539 more...
IC B2
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: 1965 Ford F100 One Owner Jeffrey 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by 41rem
Originally Posted by blueridgemhg
Beautiful truck. I had one identical that is what I learned to drive in. Same color, engine and transmission. Dad paid $1800 for it new.

I watched my Dad lay the $100 dollar bills out at the local Ford dealership when we picked it up, I was just 7 years old in 1965. Still remember it.

That’s a great memory.
15 1,714 more...
Single Shots Jump to new posts
Re: Hepburn marlinguy 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by RIO7
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

My Hepburn is a 38-55 poison accurate, I have used it to win egg shoots many times & killed a few Pigs & Whitetails with it. Rio7

Very nice Hepburn, and appears to have been well cared for!

I rarely take good pictures, but this is my long range Hepburn in .45-70 Govt. It is fitted for a full length scope that I sometimes put on instead of the long range sights.

My Match B with 34" half octagon barrel in .33-40 (bottom) and my Sporting Rifle with extra weight .40-70SS barrel, and DST. in the middle. Top is the engraved Hepburn before I had it checkered.

7 815 more...
Re: Winchester Double Diamond Model 42 XXX Wood Jeffrey 1 hour ago
Throw in that custom Hornet you’re always showing off and you got yourself a deal.

Nice gun. I hate you.

Bump.
20 1,550 more...
Re: Friend is working at a secret illegal alien camp ol_mike 1 hour ago
There's one thing stopping them and they work tirelessly to take them away from us.
36 2,592 more...
Re: Savage 99 Talley? Rick99 1 hour ago
When your old Weaver fogs over...
5 217 more...
Re: I’m from the government and here to help and BLOW UP YOUR HOUSE ol_mike 1 hour ago
So the dynamite has been laying around there for ?decade- decades? and they have to make a fast decision and blow it up immediately?
Home residence be damned?
1 374 more...
Remington Fans Jump to new posts
Re: Broke the Ejector on my 870 Dubiedog 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by Bushwacker
You should be able to save the current rivets with the brownells rivet cutter and re-peen it. If you have to replace the rivets entirely, they will fit proud to the receiver. I take them to the bench stone and stone and fit them flush, then when peening the rivets I have a polished piece of steel under the receiver so I have a good backing, but it doesn't mar the receiver. A few tricks that have worked for me. Ryan

Good to know on the rivets fitting a bit proud. I have rivets out, and they're certainly reusable. I'll decide which to use when they around to competing the task. Thanks for the tips!
7 542 more...
IC B3
Re: American tourist facing possible 12-yearsprison sentence after ammo found in luggage RupertBear 1 hour ago
Travel is enlightening. He is now enlightened to the fact that American law stops at the border.
RB
52 2,527 more...
Re: WTB McMillan Rem 700 SA stock Crappie_Killer 1 hour ago
3 226 more...
Re: Low wall in 32-20 marlinguy 2 hours ago
I shoot a few old antique rifles in .32-20. A Ballard, Rolling Block #1 and #2, and a Hepburn. Love the .32-20 cartridge! I have always bought .313" 113 gr. cast lead bullets from Laser Cast and buy them in bulk boxes of 500 bullets. My load for most is a 5.0 gr. of Unique, which is about 1350 fps. If you wanted something milder you can start around 3.5 grs. and work up to best accuracy from there.
6 1,127 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: Phil Shoemaker Video On Big Bears Daverageguy 2 hours ago
Since I've seen three black bears in the wild naturally I'm knowledgeable (NOT!) Biggest one was maybe 225 lbs small head biggesh looking ears 80 yards away I felt safe with my .260 and 140 grain corelokts backed up by my Ruger .45lc and 255 semiwadcutters. We don't have a season and the bears are protected but every year the population grows better to be safe than chomped.
33 3,550 more...
Remington Fans Jump to new posts
Re: New 700’s…. GeoW 2 hours ago
Think blued rifles are becoming a thing of the past..
1 123 more...
Re: NRA match 22 Rick99 2 hours ago
"Primer is dented"

You might try a different brand of ammo. Several years back I had some Remington Gold's that would fire...sometimes. I pulled the bullets on some and found priming only part there or none at all.
2 173 more...
Shotguns Jump to new posts
Re: WTB/Remington 11-87 SPS-T Erb556 2 hours ago
Sorry for the late reply, work got the best of me I am interested and would like to see photos if that’s possible?
4 572 more...
Re: FS: 375 projectiles Torque 2 hours ago
PMd
10 874 more...
Big Game Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: 6.5 CM Loads - 120 grain bullets captjohn 2 hours ago
Thanks for the infornation.
8 448 more...
Re: Original Mustang J Frame RB grips aboltfan 2 hours ago
Sold via PM. Thanks for looking.
2 214 more...
Re: .405Win Barrel marlinguy 2 hours ago
I own 6 Ballard rifles in .40-70 Ballard cartridge, and was buying .405 Win. brass to feed them. I was thrilled when Hornady decided to reintroduce the .405 and I immediately ran out and bought 200 cases. Figured even with multiple rifles it was enough. Then I decided to get some more and it was nowhere to be found! I contacted Hornady directly and they basically told me they didn't know when they'd make another run!
A couple years later I got an excited call from a buddy telling me Gary Reeder Custom Guns had .405 brass and to call them quickly! I called and a nice gentleman said they did indeed have 20,000 cases for sale, but limited each person to 500 cases. Surprisingly he also told me their price was old school at $25 per box of 25! I ordered the maximum 500 pcs. and got the order in just a few days.
I'd still buy more if I found them and the price wasn't stupid. I feel bad for guys who bought new guns in this old cartridge and now have no brass to reload. If I had a .405 chambered rifle I'd be tempted to rechamber it to .40-85 or 90 Ballard and then you can fire form 9.3x74R brass out to .40 caliber and there's plenty of brass in the 9.3x74R to have reasonably.
12 840 more...
Re: Paul bunion Mr_Harry 2 hours ago
Ever eht Funyons?
30 1,227 more...
Re: Grandaughter turned 21 yesterday hanco 2 hours ago
Originally Posted by Alan_C
Hanco, I forgot to ask if the girl can sing? Adele, Carrie Underwood , maybe??? Some of the smallest gals can really belt it out.

Not a lick, but she sure can shoot. Rifles, shotguns, pistols. She is engaged to a nice young man that just finished college. He comes from a nice family that owns several businesses. They sell furniture, have cattle, and catch and sell exotic game. Her daddy is going to make that long hard walk to give her away before long.
45 2,051 more...
Image Gallery Jump to new posts
CMP1917 wildhobbybobby 2 hours ago
CMP1917
0 31 more...
Re: Eddie Vedders And Pearl Jam, POS's All. gunzo 2 hours ago
Vetters, part time pole smoker.
29 1,707 more...
Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18
AX24

356 members (264mag, 16penny, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 222ND, 17CalFan, 45 invisible), 2,821 guests, and 1,071 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,277
Posts18,467,599
Members73,927
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.