24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: BIDEN - Good at reading..... 'Pause' gunswizard 7 minutes ago
The scary part for me is that brain dead idiot has the nuclear launch codes.
8 409 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Chambering for low recoil deer round handwerk 20 minutes ago
My kids started with .243/80 grain Barnes TTSX, worked great.
113 15,556 more...
Australia Jump to new posts
Re: Australia going full retard kolofardos 23 minutes ago
Originally Posted by mauserand9mm

Our politicians are dickheads. Our Albanese is like your Biden except a little bit more coherent but not making any more sense.

Albanese is a wanna be dictator who is removed from reality and doesn't know what people want. He's the delusional clown behind the failed Voice attempt. He arrogantly claims to know and represent what the people want - what a tosser and an international embarrassment!

I'm Canadian, but your description of Albanese could very well be for our PM as well
311 39,466 more...
IC B2
Re: ? Shipping a rifle to Alaska ? jk16 27 minutes ago
I shipped a rifle to an Anchorage FFL about 2 months ago.

I.guess some folks won't ship to AK because of the cost shipping . It will be expensive.-$100 to $150+ fully insured.

As lomg as the buyer pays the shipping, I do not see an issue.
1 74 more...
Re: CO - Reintroduced wolf found dead in Larimer County shootbrownelk 53 minutes ago
Originally Posted by CCCC
Those bio and wildlife bureaucrats whose paychecks depend on managing installation programs and shepherding wolves, etc. can get real touchy when their little worlds are disturbed. During 20 some years up in the Gila we witnessed some disturbing and sad activity on the part of those types.
We had the same deal here in Wyoming when they "Reintroduced" (dumped) those worthless POS wolves on us back in the mid 90's. I think the bastard who was the head honcho that oversaw the management (protection) of the wolves was Bangs, I forget is first name. After they got the population up to were you could never get rid of them, he retired and moved to Colorado....big shocker there. Maybe he's up to his shenanigans again down there in Colofornia.
20 1,403 more...
Re: Got My CMP 1917 Enfield thumbcocker 1 hour ago
What a beast! Very nice
10 423 more...
Re: Q K22 1 hour ago

No I haven't.
45,292 3,990,547 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: Mule Deer - CWD? MickeyD 1 hour ago
I saw an article (can't remember where) last week that said there were two deer hunters that apparently contracted CWD from a deer they had killed and have subsequently died from it.
The article suggested that CWD appears to have made the jump to being transmissible to humans, though it did say test were, as yet, conclusive.
11 766 more...
Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: Another 1911 Vic_in_Va 1 hour ago
Good deal! Enjoy your new toy.
1 179 more...
Re: Menard’s troublesome82 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by slumlord
Figured they was the shizzot after wabigoon bragging on them

They may be just fine to deal with in your area. As mentioned during the covid thing the two here were unbearable to shop in, but where I am at in WI is a freaking liberal hub !
48 2,058 more...
IC B3
Re: 17hmr good for coyotes? 10gaugemag 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by JefeMojado
Bought the first Ruger 17/77 that hit Tucson Arizona at Jensens Gun Shop, can't even remember the year, maybe 2000 or 2001? They didn't even have ammunition available yet and had to give me a rain check for when some came in. I took the whole month of November and dedicated it to only using the 17HMR. Shot 26 coyotes, a few fox and one bobcat that month. The HMR is not a coyote rifle/cartridge, and I learned that real quick. I was always aware of the range and kept it short as I could, and the shot as precise as I could, passing a few coyotes because I didn't want to risk a loss. I lost three coyotes of the 26, and had to hunt around for quite a few more because they ran off a good bit before piling up.
Several were impressive drop in their tracks or a liver hit spin for 20 seconds before dropping, but enough were sprinters that I quickly learned, as I suspected, there just wasn't enough bullet weight and speed to do what a lot of people expected and I had hoped for. Fun little cartridge, great on jackrabbits, ground squirrels, grackles and pissin around, but by no stretch a coyote rifle.
I am not sure anyone expected it to be a coyote slayer.
46 2,062 more...
Re: Hey Rick, how did the campfire come to be? Daverageguy 1 hour ago
I think alcohol was Involved. It escalated quickly afterwards.
36 1,941 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: PRIME Time............... pal 1 hour ago
Originally Posted by 6mmCreedmoor
[Linked Image from imagizer.imageshack.com]

Nice.
21,022 2,315,444 more...
Alaska Jump to new posts
Re: Ruger mkii ss boat paddle GoZags 1 hour ago
Love my boat paddle in 30-06. Would be a buyer if anyone is selling in any caliber.
6 577 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: 22PPC Finish Reamer WayneShaw 2 hours ago
Bump again
3 225 more...
Rimfires Jump to new posts
Re: Looking for bolt action .22 LR bsa1917hunter 2 hours ago
Originally Posted by Q_Sertorius
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Q_Sertorius
Perhaps you can help me find my new .22 LR? I have been using a BSA Martini action for years and years as my target rifle. I have been using a Marlin M39A Mountie as my squirrel rifle, but I am going to give that to my nephew for Christmas (I gave him my pre-64 Model 94 .30-30 for his birthday, so he will need a lever action .22 for practice and squirrels). I want to get a high-quality bolt action .22 LR. I am having a very hard time picking out the right one. Part of my issue is that I haven't ever had to ship for a .22. My dad gave me the Marlin when I was 5. My budget is $500-$600 for the rifle. I could be persuaded to go higher, but part of my problem has been getting acclimatized to current rifle prices. Some things seem to be about the same price they were 20 years ago. Other things are astronomically high. I recognize that the almighty dollar doesn't stretch as far as it once did, but I have been picking up very nice centerfire hunting rifles for less than the prices I see on many .22 LRs.

I am very partial to older rifles with nice wood and blued steel. I plan to mount a scope on it, so iron sights are not a necessity. I don't want a single shot. I want at least five round magazine capacity. I am looking for a hunting and plinking rifle. I'd prefer something that looks nice, but has some signs of honest use. I am right-handed.

Rifles I have been considering, in no particular order, include:

Browning T-Bolt - one of the old ones made in Belgium. I have several FN Commercial Mausers.
Sako 54 - I have a Sako .243 and I love it.
CZ 457 - are there other CZ models that are "better?" My older brother loves CZs, but I have never had a bolt-action CZ.

Are there any others that I should be adding to the mix? Are any of the three above particularly "better" in some way than the others? Thank you for any opinions or assistance you can offer.

Since your brother has CZ's and loves them, you should see if you can shoot some of his rifles. Ask him why he "loves" them. It might be more obvious after you shoot them though.

I shot my brother's 527. It's a nice little rifle. The question wasn't really, "are modern CZ's nice", but rather, "are there nicer/better rifles at the same or similar price point?" The array of responses in this thread have been really helpful. I have to wait a couple of months before I make another rifle purchase (or put in a ton of extra hours this month, but the weather outside is so nice), but barring a deal popping up on an old T-Bolt, I am going to check out the T1x Hunter and a CZ 457 at the LGS (they are dealers for both).

Nice. I don't think you can go wrong with either one. However, I bet the wood stocked Tikka is going to be a lot harder to find. I was at Scheels the other day, and they had a real nice CZ for $549. I only saw plastic stocked Tikka's, and plastic stocked Bergara's. All really nice rifles, that are known to shoot well. For an older CZ, I saw a 513, at a different store, for $350.00 as well.
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

That little Anschutz would be nice too, and it's in your price range.
53 4,308 more...
Re: NIB 1983 El Paso Weaver 50th anniversary K-4 Micro-trac scope FS Drew005 2 hours ago
I would be intretsted as well if they are for sale smile
21 1,796 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: Go to powder for 458 win mag blackhawk44 2 hours ago
For the old Hornady 350gr RN, RL7 was tops in accuracy. For the 500's it was RL15.
15 1,490 more...
Re: Caroll Brunett Show Alan_C 2 hours ago
Originally Posted by PaulBarnard
Tim Conrad was the funniest of all.
Ya, I liked him on Sanford and son. He was married to Aunt Ester !!!
25 1,071 more...
Re: 1965 Ford F100 One Owner alpinecrick 2 hours ago
Originally Posted by 160user
That 3 speed on the column is a modern "Theft Deterrent System". It sounds like a classy old ride.

Never thought of that—but you make an excellent point!
16 1,819 more...
Shotguns Jump to new posts
Re: SBE3 or SX4? claywall400 2 hours ago
Recently got both the SX4 and SBE3.. also have A400s in 12, 20 and 28.. for some reason I shoot the SX4 much better than the SBE3 and get great patterns with the SX4 with a IM Win Inv+ Flush Choke.. noticeably less recoil with the SX4 - as expected - gas vs inertia.. The SX4 12 ga recoil is close to my Beretta A400 20ga Extreme Plus.. with target and the field bismuth shells I load..
21 34,970 more...
Re: Grandaughter turned 21 yesterday Alan_C 2 hours ago
Great story! A question if you have time. I had a friend that may have passed. His last name was Burns. Friend had a brother that owned a famous exotic game ranch in Texas . The brother also had some type of salvage business. Last time I talked to my friend was 3 years ago and the brother was in a nut house. Just thought you may have known the brothers ranch. Take care! Alan
46 2,141 more...
Re: Wrecked Tacoma - Buy or Pass? 7mm_Loco 3 hours ago
Originally Posted by cumminscowboy
It’s not how the paint looks at first. It’s also what it looks like years later. The color has to match as it ages. Also repaints on bumper covers totally suck too.
that has everything to do with not fully curing the undercoats (aka primer) before painting, and then not letting the paint fully cure before cutting & buffing which leads to dieback of gloss down the road... and also not using Top Quality products so it holds up to the elements long term... some (most?) collision shops like to rush things to keep the customers happy & get paid $$$, and also cut corners on product quality to save a few $...
48 2,186 more...
Knives and Blades Jump to new posts
A little different kolofardos 3 hours ago
This knife may not be the most practical, but I really want one

0 66 more...
Express Rifles and Big Bores Only Jump to new posts
Re: The great 458 Winchester. Everyone should own one at least once Riflecrank 3 hours ago
The current FN/SC M70 used for the .338 WinMag does have a longer bridge, shorter ejection port
than what they use on their .458 WinMag:

[Linked Image]

Makes it look like a stouter rifle if the .338 WinMag is re-barreled to .458 WinMag.
4,006 787,458 more...
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 26 27
AX24

95 members (10Glocks, 808outdoors, Akhutr, 21, Algotguns, 1973cb450, 9 invisible), 1,494 guests, and 688 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,679
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.