24hourcampfire.com
24hourcampfire.com
-->
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: Any Good News Tonight? Rapier Yesterday at 10:18 PM
Got in a bit of helping a neighbor time today. His tree cutters dropped two large read oak trees in his front 40 the trunks were 3-4' in diameter, too big and too heavy for his tractor to move. So took my modified 4x4 tractor with a 4,800 lb grapple on it to pick them up. The double cylinder grapple is a beast, still had to cut the biggest of two two trunks into two pieces. Had to do a warehouse style, forklift trick zig zag, to get the long logs between the trees. Comes in handy on a tree farm.

Know a couple people with box mills, but getting them to pickup anything is like pulling teeth. Talk a good game, but are all short on the doing part.
22 1,253 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Model 70 225 winchester bigtex46 Yesterday at 10:09 PM
Fair condition model 70 in 225 Winchester. Great shooting rifle. Sight screws are in it, no sights. Normal wear and tear from years of use. Dies and brass come with it. Would entertain trades or $1,000. If I’m way off on price feel free to pm me to discuss. Not much out there to base this off of. Serial number dates it to 1965.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

0 256 more...
Re: Biltong..... Burleyboy Yesterday at 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by gregintenn
Too damned humid here to make it, unless you could do it in a dehydrator or something.

That would be a problem. We have great conditions here in Eastern Idaho for drying it during most months. Especially mid summer. I wouldn't want to try to make it in kaneohe Hawaii or someplace like that. I've got an elk rear quarter I plan on doing about July.

Another thing I found with biltong is that the type of vinegar matters. I prefer brown malt style and a course Himalayan pink salt. I'll have to try the weighing of each piece as it drys to get to the right dryness. We always just bent the sticks or basically flexed them a little to tell how dry they are. I don't like it super dry.

The first time I tried it I bought a big really dry stick and didn't have it sliced in thin slices across the grain. I didn't like it at all. Later I finally tried it sliced right at the right moisture and have loved it ever since. Last time I was in Africa we made a bunch from my kudu. They had a big screened in octagon shaped room with tons of places to hang it in on the game farm. I wish the fda would have let me bring some home.

Now if I could figure out what's different about south African corn meal that they make pap with. If tried to make it with various corn meals we have hear and it's not the same. I've got boerwors pretty well dialed in and can make chakalaka. I just need to get the pap figured out and I'll have a proper braii.

The stryve original sliced biltong is pretty good for America stuff. I found a bag at a Walmart in Scottsdale AZ a few months ago and I really enjoyed it. Most people I shared it with didn't really care for it so I think biltong is somewhat of an acquired taste. When I first moved to South Africa I missed American jerky. When I came home two years later I missed biltong ever since. I will now always choose decent biltong over the best jerky. The biltong just has a good Natural taste to me.

Bb
41 2,837 more...
IC B2
Re: GOOD GUY LIST Kimbo Yesterday at 09:58 PM
Did a great transaction with “flintlocke”. A real stand up guy and awesome to deal with.

Thank you,

Kimbo
16,887 57,264,105 more...
Re: For Sale: Nice Glass centershot Yesterday at 09:56 PM
ttt
4 1,030 more...
Re: For Sale:Revolver Grips centershot Yesterday at 09:56 PM
ttt
3 682 more...
Re: ************WTB or Trade Swift .375 A-Frame 270gr 6MMWASP Yesterday at 09:55 PM
Try giving Swift a call directly. Many times they can, and will help you out.
6 285 more...
Tasco Spotting Scope 15-45x50 $65 Shipped Mwags Yesterday at 09:52 PM
Up for sale is a Tasco Spotting Scope 15-45x50 item number TS154550 . It comes with a table top tripod and carry case. Can send pics upon request.
0 49 more...
Re: Chiming a guitar… Journeyman Yesterday at 09:52 PM
Would add: If you want to see THE definitive Junior collection, check this out with Charlie Starr from Blackberry Smoke, one of my absolute favorite artists since I saw him at an Auburn reunion near 20 years ago:

49 2,974 more...
Rural Living Jump to new posts
Re: Anyone planting? 1beaver_shooter Yesterday at 09:51 PM
Everyone that own a tractor has it in the field around here
5 527 more...
IC B3
Re: Breaker 19, wabigoon-oldmanofthechickenofthesea ol_mike Yesterday at 09:45 PM
LOL i watch the buick jump two days ago.
13 887 more...
Re: Re: PLEASE CLOSE NO LONGER AVAILABLE...10" TC Contender Barrels bogart08 Yesterday at 09:38 PM
10" round, blued TC Contender 22LR Match barrel w/ weaver style scope rail. Front sight only, no rear, VG condition.........$275.... SOLD

10" blued, octagon TC Contender barrel 44mag w/external choke ( Hot shot barrel ), wrench and iron sights....., wood grip and large Herrett style forend also VG condition.....Plus 35 rounds of TC 44 mag shot ammo.........NO LONGER AVAILABLE

More pics available.....PM if needed
8 962 more...
Re: FS Barnes Vor-Tx 30.06 150gr TTSX ShortMag11 Yesterday at 09:35 PM
SPF on another forum
1 211 more...
Re: PLEASE CLOSE NO LONGER AVAILABLE.....TC Contender Barrels bogart08 Yesterday at 09:34 PM
I have a 10" blued octagon TC Contender barrel 44mag w/external choke ( Hot shot barrel ), wrench and iron sights.....VG condition, wood grip and large Herrett style forend also VG condition.....Plus 35 rounds of TC 44 mag shot ammo.........NO LONGER AVAILABLE

..... 10" blued round Tc Contender barrel, 222 Rem w/ iron sights and wood forend.......$200.00 shipped (SPF)

......10" blued octagon TC Contender barrel, 22 Hornet w/front sight and rear base scope mount, black composite forend and grip.......$225.00 shipped (SPF)

I can send additional pics to an email if needed......shipping will be UPS or USPS Ground TYD, Postal M/O, check or cash, NO online payments...............Dave
12 1,835 more...
Savage Collectors Jump to new posts
Re: Sticky safety Peddie Yesterday at 09:31 PM
Special thanks to missedbycracky who forwarded great information that will help me and my gunsmith tune up my 90 year old .250.

Important that we preserve and share this knowledge. Thanks again.
5 398 more...
Rimfire Levers Jump to new posts
Re: Henry 22 mag kk alaska Yesterday at 09:18 PM
My new Henry lever 22 LR barrel is clocked so bad cant regulate windage, shipping it back under warranty, sad that it left the factory that way.

With a level on the receiver bubble centered, with a separate level on the barrel dovetail bubble hardly shows at the edge!
59 57,836 more...
Custom Rifles & Wildcats Jump to new posts
Re: Trying to decide Rem 700 ? CGPAUL Yesterday at 09:05 PM
I know what you mean..My original HP rifle was a 40X in 308. Done shooting HP, went to some PRS, and local LR matches..pulled the 308 barrel, the third one of that cal. on the action, went to a 250AI for that shooting, worked well. Then I took a break from the comp stuff, and the rifle just sat in the safe for a few years.
Finally said "Hell", pulled er apart couple months ago...she now has a 7mm barrel and the 708 chamber. Working up loads as we speak..
BTB, I do also have a 5x57 on a 98 that I dearly love. That rifle has brung home lots of bacon.

Good Luck
1 173 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Estimated value of a kimber Adirondack in 300 bo. Burleyboy Yesterday at 09:00 PM
I bought a new kimber Adirondack in 300 bo in about 2017. It had light primer strikes so I put a wolf spring in and cleared that up. It also didn't feed well so I put the spring and follower from a 700 fireball in and it feeds great. I worked up loads with 120g Barnes tac x bullets at about 2250 fps and they're sub moa. We took it as a backup rifle on my kids hunts last year but didn't use it as he prefers his ar in 300 hamr.

The kimber has a 16" light barrel with a hammer flared and threaded muzzle. It's in excellent shape and shoots well now. I recently picked up a model 7 aac in 300 bo that I'm more comfortable with letting my kids pack around so I'm thinking of selling the kimber Adirondack. I know they weren't common in 300 bo and I saw 1 sell a few years ago during the madness for $3500. I know they're not likely bringing near that now but wonder what I might be able to get for it. Thinking about selling before the new "guidelines" take effect.

Bb
0 163 more...
Re: WTS - CZ 527 Factory .17 Hornet Take-off Barrel rainierrifleco Yesterday at 08:55 PM
Got it swapped out on my hornet and ready to test
5 554 more...
Re: FS: 375 projectiles gte901m Yesterday at 08:55 PM
Thursday
4 406 more...
Re: FS: Hatch Outwest bipod gte901m Yesterday at 08:54 PM
Thursday
2 236 more...
Re: Marlin 338 MXLR jertex Yesterday at 08:52 PM
Nice, I would have been in the market for one of these a year ago, but I've decided my 308MXLR is sufficient. Incredibly accurate lever actions, it's a shame that Marlin doesn't make them. Maybe they'll reintroduce them now that Ruger is making such nice ones these days.
2 411 more...
CZ 527 Magazines in Stock on GRAB A GUN 6.5 Grendel 7.62x39 Coton Yesterday at 08:52 PM
I just got a stock alert CZ 527 magazines are in stock for the 6.5 Grendel and 7.62x39

$45 each less then 10 left in stock
0 128 more...
Hunting Dogs Jump to new posts
Mountain Cur Pup Poconojack Yesterday at 08:41 PM
Looking, anyone know of a litter?
Thanks
0 138 more...
Handgun Reloading Jump to new posts
Jordan 357 Magnum brass?? Nollij Yesterday at 08:29 PM
I came across a box of this brass recently, and can't find much information about it. Does anyone have any background on it? My picture taking skills are lacking as usual. No big deal, just wondering what I have here.
0 97 more...
Page 17 of 27 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 26 27
AX24

620 members (1234, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 73 invisible), 2,671 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,907
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.