Hunter's Campfire Jump to new posts
Re: couldn't find the making the fire great pic thread Rooster7 04/17/24
Originally Posted by Jim_Conrad
Originally Posted by Rooster7
When things are going good:

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

When things are not going good:

We didn't have to even fire up the snow blower this year though. Which was nice.

I am still amazed that you guys can move that much snow with a pickup.

The snow was pretty light and fluffy in the first pic. Then it stormed again and got colder than a witches tit and the result is shown in the 2nd pic.
47 2,572 more...
Free Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Montana 1999 NRA edition in 300 Winchester Magnum triplet 04/17/24
Sold pending payment
10 1,080 more...
Re: Uber Driver Killed in Bizarre Scam Alan_C 04/17/24
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by Alan_C
I blame our legal system.
Always indoors, you always bring your sister into this !
15 1,402 more...
IC B2
Re: 9mm +P Predator Penetrator Hard Cast Flat Point Mackay_Sagebrush 04/17/24
UP
36 2,599 more...
Re: .38 Special 148Gr Poly Coat Wadcutters Mackay_Sagebrush 04/17/24
UP
51 3,776 more...
Re: 38 special shooters -.38 Short Colt! Mackay_Sagebrush 04/17/24
UP
18 1,453 more...
Re: .38 Special +P 158 GRN Polymer Coated SWC Mackay_Sagebrush 04/17/24
UP
1 167 more...
Backpack Hunting Jump to new posts
two ultralight tripods in the classifieds mtwarden 04/17/24
Might be of interest to someone frequenting this forum smile

ultralight tripods
0 222 more...
Re: Sightron SRS-2 2MOA Dot Couesdeer 04/17/24
SPF
6 644 more...
Custom Rifles & Wildcats Jump to new posts
Re: Harry Creighton FN 98 .35 Whelen taylorce1 04/17/24
.35 Whelen is a cool and effective cartridge. That's a nice looking rifle, enjoy!
17 1,790 more...
IC B3
Re: Sierra 180 Gr FS Switch 04/17/24
UP To The Top
1 284 more...
Re: 30 30 Win Bullets Switch 04/17/24
TTT
1 419 more...
Sig Sauer Open Box Sale gr8fuldoug 04/17/24
[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
[Linked Image from uploads-ssl.webflow.com]

Sig Sauer Optics Sale

We just redid our Sig Sauer Optics Display and we have a great selection of as new Open Box Sig Sauer units for you. These are as new full warranty, including all accessories for very reduced pricing.

Choose from Kilo Rangefinders

Canyon for only $174.99
6x22 mm monocular with SpectraCoat™ anti-reflection coatings for superior light transmission and optical clarity
Revolutionary Lightwave™ DSP Technology for the fastest and longest distance rangefinder engine
HyperScan provides 4x range updates per second in scan mode while RangeLock reports the last range result when ranging distant targets
Features line of sight or angle modified range
8 onboard ballistic groups provide solutions in either MOA or MRAD
Units in yards or meters to tenth Y/M resolution
Red LED illuminated display
Compact, lightweight polymer housing with eyecup and diopter adjustment

Kilo 5K for only $499.99
Gen II lightwave dsp ranging engine with extended range (xr) mode
Onboard environmental sensors for real-time ballistic calculations
Drop remote waypoints with basemap app
Applied ballistics ultralite with complete ab bullet database, up to 25 custom bullet profiles and 8 onboard ballistic groups
BDX 2.0 enabled with low energy, long range bluetooth

Kilo8K-ABS for only $1,299.99
Onboard environmental sensors and digital compass for real-time ballistic calculations
Applied ballistics elite with complete ab bullet database and custom drag curves
Active-matrix oled display provides graphical real-time ballistics information

Kilo6K HD 8x32mm Rangefinder Binocular for only $779.99
Applied ballistics ultralite with complete ab bullet database, up to 25 bullet profiles and 8 onboard ballistic groups

We have a great assortment of the Zulu6 Image Stabilizer Binoculars starting from only $799.99
Image Stabilization electronically cancels out shaking and vibration
Featuring HDX-Glass to enhance light transmission, resolution, and definition afield
User selectable modes; Scan Mode & Target Mode. Target mode increases image stabilization by up to 50%
IPX7 waterproof and fog-proof rating

We also have the TANGO6T 1-6x24mm - 30mm - FFP - DWLR-556 "DVO" Kit for only $1,599.99
The TANGO6T riflescopes have been ruggedized and optimized for the U.S. Military. MIL-STD810G tested and approved. Assembled in the USA.
Features:
30mm maintube
Designed for MSR/AR platforms
Ideal for close to mid-range tactical engagements
Fiber optic power indicator
Multiple reticle options available
Daylight bright illumination with locking illumination dial
Includes:
FFP DWLR-556 Reticle
1.535" ALPHA4 Mount
ARD
Removable throw lever
Lay flat, flip back lens covers
IPX-8 Waterproofing

We offer ZERO % financing on all web orders. Please look at Affirm at check out, if this is something that interests you, for 0% financing.

Save big $$$ - Open Box, Demo, Clearance, Bundles & Specials

Take a peek at our Just Arrived & Flash Sale sections for exceptional deals

Use promo code promo24 at checkout and save 10% on Benro, Gitzo, LowePro, MagMod, Manfrotto, Nisi, Promaster, Sirui & Slik

Look good with accessories from our Apparel Section

At Camera Land we've been working hard to save you money and get you great products.

Remember to Enter Our Monthly Web Drawing

If there is anything you're looking for please give us a call at 516-217-1000. It is always our pleasure to speak with you. Always give a call to discuss options and what would be best for your needs

We appreciate all the orders and support. Please stay well and safe. Have a great day & please follow us on Instagram at gr8fuldoug_ smile

Thank you for your continued support.
If there is anything else that we can assist you with please let us know.

Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Road
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
516-217-1000
Please visit our web site @ www.cameralandny.com
0 175 more...
Hunting Optics Jump to new posts
Sig Sauer Open Box Sale gr8fuldoug 04/17/24
[Linked Image from monstermuleys.com]
[Linked Image from uploads-ssl.webflow.com]

Sig Sauer Optics Sale

We just redid our Sig Sauer Optics Display and we have a great selection of as new Open Box Sig Sauer units for you. These are as new full warranty, including all accessories for very reduced pricing.

Choose from Kilo Rangefinders

Canyon for only $174.99
6x22 mm monocular with SpectraCoat™ anti-reflection coatings for superior light transmission and optical clarity
Revolutionary Lightwave™ DSP Technology for the fastest and longest distance rangefinder engine
HyperScan provides 4x range updates per second in scan mode while RangeLock reports the last range result when ranging distant targets
Features line of sight or angle modified range
8 onboard ballistic groups provide solutions in either MOA or MRAD
Units in yards or meters to tenth Y/M resolution
Red LED illuminated display
Compact, lightweight polymer housing with eyecup and diopter adjustment

Kilo 5K for only $499.99
Applied ballistics ultralite with complete ab bullet database, up to 25 custom bullet profiles and 8 onboard ballistic groups

Kilo8K-ABS for only $1,299.99
Onboard environmental sensors and digital compass for real-time ballistic calculations
Applied ballistics elite with complete ab bullet database and custom drag curves
Active-matrix oled display provides graphical real-time ballistics information

Kilo6K HD 8x32mm Rangefinder Binocular for only $779.99
Applied ballistics ultralite with complete ab bullet database, up to 25 bullet profiles and 8 onboard ballistic groups

We have a great assortment of the Zulu6 Image Stabilizer Binoculars starting from only $799.99
Image Stabilization electronically cancels out shaking and vibration
Featuring HDX-Glass to enhance light transmission, resolution, and definition afield
User selectable modes; Scan Mode & Target Mode. Target mode increases image stabilization by up to 50%
IPX7 waterproof and fog-proof rating

We also have the TANGO6T 1-6x24mm - 30mm - FFP - DWLR-556 "DVO" Kit for only $1,599.99
The TANGO6T riflescopes have been ruggedized and optimized for the U.S. Military. MIL-STD810G tested and approved. Assembled in the USA.
Features:
30mm maintube
Designed for MSR/AR platforms
Ideal for close to mid-range tactical engagements
Fiber optic power indicator
Multiple reticle options available
Daylight bright illumination with locking illumination dial
Includes:
FFP DWLR-556 Reticle
1.535" ALPHA4 Mount
ARD
Removable throw lever
Lay flat, flip back lens covers
IPX-8 Waterproofing

We offer ZERO % financing on all web orders. Please look at Affirm at check out, if this is something that interests you, for 0% financing.

Save big $$$ - Open Box, Demo, Clearance, Bundles & Specials

Take a peek at our Just Arrived & Flash Sale sections for exceptional deals

Use promo code promo24 at checkout and save 10% on Benro, Gitzo, LowePro, MagMod, Manfrotto, Nisi, Promaster, Sirui & Slik

Look good with accessories from our Apparel Section

At Camera Land we've been working hard to save you money and get you great products.

Remember to Enter Our Monthly Web Drawing

If there is anything you're looking for please give us a call at 516-217-1000. It is always our pleasure to speak with you. Always give a call to discuss options and what would be best for your needs

We appreciate all the orders and support. Please stay well and safe. Have a great day & please follow us on Instagram at gr8fuldoug_ smile

Thank you for your continued support.
If there is anything else that we can assist you with please let us know.

Camera Land
720 Old Bethpage Road
Old Bethpage, NY 11804
516-217-1000
Please visit our web site @ www.cameralandny.com
0 312 more...
Shotshells Jump to new posts
Winchester 209 primers woodmaster81 04/17/24
Hopefully, some good news for those looking for them. Win 209s seem to be making their way to store shelves. I picked up a couple bricks a few weeks ago at a store for $80 each and the shop sent out a flyer announcing another sale with no limit. They also have Cheddites for sale too. Unfortunately, it is in person purchase only. If anyone is in southern Minnesota it may be worth it to stop in at Ahlmans in Morristown.

The store I work parttime at also had Win 209s show up though not quite as cheap at $90/brick. Our store had 4 sleeves come in with a "next ship" date for 2 weeks from now. I never placed any faith in the dates of future shipments but this is the first time I've seen a future date for primers since 2020.
0 217 more...
Hunting Trucks and Four-Wheel Drives Jump to new posts
Re: 1987 F350? taylorce1 04/17/24
Originally Posted by Taco2fiddy7
Nearly $30k for a nearly 40 year old truck is insane. Half that, maybe. Is there a sucker that might actually pay it, sure. If someone hits and totals it what would insurance actually give you?

You'd have to pay for special insurance to get comprehensive and collision for a classic vehicle. Most insurance companies wouldn't insure it for anything other than liability. There are a lot of things to consider before buying an older vehicle.

I know a lot of people that would pay $30K for an old pickup in excellent condition. I'm one that would rather drive around an old paid for truck, than these new $80-100K gas or diesel pickups. If the heat and A/C work, drives straight, and starts when I turn the key makes me pretty satisfied with it. I own pickups because I need them to maintain my property, run a few head of cattle, and help my dad (83) with his 300 head of cows, but my daily is an 05 Honda CRV that I drive to the job that pays most the bills.

I'm interested in it but wish it was a regular or extended cab. I'd actually be more interested in it then. However, it would probably cost me $40+K by the time I put a Ranch Hand style front end on it and a bale bed. I don't need a crew cab to bounce around a pasture to fix fence and pull trailers, and have more sheet metal to get damaged by feeding cows.
18 1,729 more...
Waterfowl Jump to new posts
Re: Bucket List Lslite 04/17/24
I'd be happy with a good flooded timber hunt for mallards. Coastal Alaska for a mixed bag would be fun.
21 2,295 more...
Ask The Gunwriters Jump to new posts
Re: JB/MD - .284 Win and 7WSM Mule Deer 04/17/24
Hi Mike,

Have never owned a 7mm WSM, though have owned and hunted with multiple .270 and .300 WSMs--mostly because I had a Remington 700 BDL stainless/synthetic 7mm SAUM for several years, taking a dozen animals with it from Texas to Quebec. Eventually decided most short/fat/beltless magnums didn't actually "duplicate" the velocities of belted magnums, as claimed--and apparently many other hunters did as well.

The 7mm SAUM, for instance, has just about the same powder capacity as the .280 Remington Ackley Improved, which means the standard .280 loaded to the same presssure as the .280 AI is very close as well. (Same deal the with Ruger Compact Magnums.) Eventually only the .300 WSM remained commonly available, though even its ammo and brass are tougher to find these days.

The .284 was designed to essentially duplicate .270 Winchester ballistics in Winchester's Model 88 lever-action and Model 100 autoloader. Have owned two over the years, a Savage 99 and a Ruger 77--which was a rechambered 7mm-08. Never could see that either offered any advantage over, say, a 99 in .308 Winchester or a bolt-action .270 Winchester. Published articles on both, but didn't bother putting them into in the GG books.

I do find it "interesting" that so many newer cartridges have been designed to essentially duplicate the .270 Winchester--which is why I also don't have a .280 or .280 AI anymore, after owning a hunting with several of both over the years. (My .270 is an Ultra Light Arms Model 24, which Eileen hunted with for many years before the recoil got to be too much for her.)

This is an overall trend I've been following for a while now--sticking to readily available cartridges, rather than those which have been increasingly difficult to deal with given the increasing trend toward "shortages" in ammo and components.

Plus, like quite a few folks who've hunted quite a bit, have seen less and less difference in field performance between cartridges in the same basic class then some hunters like to imagine. With my semi-retirement, most of my hunting rifles that aren't heirlooms--or otherwise personally special--are chambered for readily available cartridges. In fact my only remaining 7mm is a 7mm Remington Magnum.

Will also comment that my old friend Ron apparently needs to keep finding different subjects to cover, especially for podcasts. I'm not into being that busy anymore!

John
1 459 more...
Re: Woman scams over 1 million from online boyfriend Ben_Lurkin 04/17/24
This will be the next big thing:

https://www.virtualgf.chat/create

Have at “her”. At least you’ll know up front it’s not some dude in nigeria.
38 2,839 more...
Re: WTB: 33mm Leupold Alumina Objective Cap Cowboythunder 04/17/24
Bump
1 142 more...
Hunting Rifles Jump to new posts
Re: Chambering for low recoil deer round Seafire 04/17/24
Originally Posted by mathman
Dwayne,

The regular 250, even loaded to nearly 3000 fps with 100 grain bullets, does seem to have a milder report than similarly loaded 243s I've been around. I suppose the combustion products of 35 grains of H4895 coming out of a 25 cal hole make a smaller ruckus than those from 41 grains of 4350 out of a 24 cal hole.

My best to you and yours,

m

So load a 243 with 35 grains of H 4895 and a 100 grain bullet....then all you are giving up is 1/100th an inch of bullet diameter.
111 14,979 more...
2 FN FNS 14 round magazines .40 or .357 sig stang5021 04/17/24
2 mags for the fns in either 40 or 357 sig. I’ll take $45 for the pair TYD.

0 61 more...
Re: computer help needed, again Swifty52 04/17/24
Originally Posted by killerv
We recently got fiber internet through our electrical company. 1gb for 80 bucks a month. Yeah, they had the initial signon info on the manual for our router.

Ouch, fiber fast here, I own the router its 12 cents a gig.
13 780 more...
Re: FS: 28ga AA HS Once Fired Hulls Jim585 04/17/24
Sold some.
I will have more, as I shoot every week.
I will also have some 12ga STS for 10 cents each plus shipping.
Prices subject to change as USPS increases rates.
7 1,201 more...
Re: WTB XLR stock and grip tarheelpwr 04/17/24
I have an MPA vertical grip that fits AR style set ups.

Pm if interested.
2 172 more...
Page 33 of 65 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 64 65
AX24

662 members (1eyedmule, 1minute, 12344mag, 10gaugeman, 1beaver_shooter, 10ring1, 63 invisible), 3,103 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,701
Posts18,456,746
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.