Well guys this little rifle is just getting more and more love from me.I went to the range today hoping to spend a little more time shooting the Federal factory 180 grain Barnes TSX's and also brought along a box of Winchester 180 Accubonds to see if she liked them any. I also adjusted the trigger myself and got it just perfect. First off had a guy pull up at the range about the same time I did and it just so happens he was also shooting a fairly new 300WSM in a Winchester M70 Featherweight, pretty nice gun. He proceeds to tell me how he has been working up special loads that his gun shoots unbelievably and we talked some more, he looked through my Leica Televid 62, I looked through his Sawro STS80 and we chatted some more, then it was time to shoot. Now keep in mind that the ambient temp oustide today is 28 degrees and heres a picture of what it looks like at our range.

[Linked Image]

After some fouling shots this was my first group at 100yards with a clean barrell with some factory Winchester 180 grain Accubonds that I have not shot yet through this rifle, not to shabby

[Linked Image]

This wasn't too bad , very similar to the results I got with the Barnes MRX's last week. I then switched her up and loaded 3 Federal 180 grain TSX's which shot well through the rifle last week and this was my 3 shot group with the TSX's

[Linked Image]

Now I am pumped, it doesn't get too much better than that. So I switch to the 225 yard target I put up. I did some calculating with a ballistics program and decided that 225 yards point blank zero gives me the best overall performance with my 300WSM and this is where it gets great. This was two 3 shot groups at 225 yards with 2 windage and elevation adjustments.

[Linked Image]

My conclusion is that this little Kimber is one sweet riifle and my confidence in its abiility to deliver a narly 180 grain Barnes TSX with deadly accuracy is growing.I also found out that my theory on her liking a dirty barrel was false, she just shoots the TSX's better than anything else. Damn happy I neglected all the negative comments about Kimbers and chose this bad ass little rifle.

Oh and I forgot to mention that the fella that was shooting to my right that I spent a good deal of time talking too was wishing like hell that his new Winchester M70 300 whizzum was my Kimber. His handloads were producing about like mine did with the factory Accubonds in the above photo. He was way envious. He said he knew of a gun store in Fairbanks that had the best price on a new Kimber Montana 300 WSM and he was going to buy it. I was just a bit modest. I am eating crow though from when I used to argue Tikka vs Kimber threads cuz this thing is shooting as good as my Tikkas did in a tougher package.