Originally Posted by BCJR
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by BCJR
Here is my pre-64 featherweight in 308 , when the rifle came to me it had some considerable finish issues , one being a bad re-blue job , so we cerakoted it in midnight blue. The stock is a MPI, I began striping the layers of paint off it , got sick of doing it and just left it.
[Linked Image]

That's a damn fine hunting rifle right there. My buddy only uses 1 rifle, his 1955 308 fwt..

Thanks, I think after all my years of owning all the latest and greatest magnums and wisms and 5 lb rifles I have come to accept all someone really needs is a 06 or 308. Both calibers are just boringly efficient at putting meat on the table. Kinda like these pre 64's , hard to improve a masterpiece. You either realize these pre 64's were the greatest hunting rifles ever produced or your wrong smile

I agree. If you haven't tried a 270 fwt, I'd urge you to try one of those too. I have a 30-06 fwt and 270 fwt and the 270 shoots better consistently and it doesn't recoil as much as the 30-06. It's actually much more pleasant to shoot, probably more like your 308 fwt. I know my buddies 308 is a sweet heart to shoot too and it is damn accurate.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA