No offense to T Lee, but the models quoted in his post are not, any of them, the model we are talking about. The "New Frontier" .22 SAA's with the case hardened frame normally have a "G" prefix, and if you are going to look at the "Blue Book", they are the ones called the "New Frontier Scout", for some reason. The guns themselves only say "New Frontier".

One month ago, I bought a "New Frontier", .22LR cylinder only, with the 4.4" barrel, in nearly 100% condition, but no box or papers, for $400. I jumped right on that one, and was happy to get it. At the same time, I passed on a case-hardened "Peacemaker",22LR/.22Mag, 6" barrel, for the same price, because it had a bit of rust on it. But the next day, another customer scarfed it right up! I wish I had bought that one too, just for the .22Mag cylinder, which go for about $150 now.

I think, with respect to these pistols, the "Blue Book" pricing is in the ballpark, unlike a lot of other guns!

However, I might add, if the piece you're looking at has the safety device built in to loading port, that is a major deduct, IMHO. Check it out. I am finicky, I won't buy them if they have the safety device.

There were also very late production "New Frontier" models without the case-hardened frame, they are all blue. These are worth even less, As they not only have the safety device, but the bluing on the frame, on the ones I've seen is really crappy.

Hope this helps! grin

Talk is cheap. It takes money to buy whiskey.