Same as the rest of the responses here. I have a one in .222 and liked it so much I got another one for my son when he was eleven. It was his first center fire rifle and he learned to become a good shot with it. I load 40 grain V-Max and Ballistic Tips in both. 24 grains of Ramshot Exterminator will get you about 3400 fps and hopefully the sub 1" accuracy we get from ours. I like Ramshot powder because it meters so well and it is not temperature sensitive. If I had to pick the most accurate load for the two Vixens as well as my Remington .222, it would be the same 40 grain bullets over 21 grains of IMR 4198. That load has been around for a long time, with good reason. I don't load it much anymore because you have to weigh every charge with that coarse grained powder. It just takes too much time when loading a couple of hundred rounds. The Ramshot Exterminator glides right through my measure without a hitch.

The Vixens are very well built rifles and in my opinion, a bargain at the prices asked for them on the auction sites.