I bought a used sako off the fire and it was not a shooter at all. I went through extensive load development and finally gave up when it was obvious that it was simply a 2moa gun. I cleaned it and borescoped it and found a odd scratch that ran down the bore in a spiral opposite the riflings. I called the service center at sako, which forwarded me to bolsa gunsmithing in california. I explained my situation and such to the fellow, being very clear that I am not the original purchaserof this rifle and am just hoping that they will honor the 1moa guarentee. he tells me no problem, send it down.

off it goes.....shipping on my dime, I am ok with that, but I wish it were a smith and wesson. a few weeks pass and today I recieved a call asking me to call bolsa gunsmithing to make a decision on what to do. they told me that the barrel is odd and they lapped it, but the mark is just in the steel and will not affect accuracy. they offered to re cut and crown my barrel, but would need my ok. I told them I sent the gun to them to get it up to sakos guarentee and I did not care what they do to make the gun shoot short of sticking gum under the barrel, it is a sako and should at least get close to an inch. I was told that would be a $95.00 repair.

instantly I am pissed. I send a gun off to a shop for warranty work, they lap the bore and say "its fixed", I ask how it shoots, they say it should be fine and that will be $125.00......odd because sako said it should shoot too. so now I am torn between just saying screw it and telling them to keep it. that frickin POS is not worth the price of the shippig and repair.

I would appreciated it if someone could send me a # to an english speaking human from sako so I can explain to them that I have a strong 40 more years of gun buying and it will exclude them, I feel like I could have at least got some KY jelly.

completely dissapointed in sako.

Greg

Originally Posted by BrentD

I would not buy something that runs on any kind of primer given the possibility of primer shortages and even regulations. In fact, why not buy a flintlock? Really. Rocks aren't going away anytime soon.