After doing some shooting with the Semprio I start thinking "Why the bolt" ?

The bolt action has been with us for a little more than 100 years and maybe its time to move on.?

I have owned a Remington 700 for more than 25 years (my first gun) and it still shoots good but things have changed.

The Steyr Scout( like it), the Blaser R8 (dont say I like it) are good guns but the Semprio makes them a laugh when it comes to fast shooting on moving targets.

The Argo is nice but cant handle a suppressor and you have problems getting 5 rounds within 50mm on 100 meters. The Semprio puts them inside 15mm.

There is only one small thing I did not like. The hand grip is large and I have very small hands. This is probably due to the steering rail that keeps the fore end in right position when moving back and forth. This rail goes through the stock all the way back to the recoil pad. A synthetic version might be with a smaller handgrip.

Give it a good try if possible. Its new and you need some time to get adjusted to it but when you are you will probably start thinking "why the bolt?"

wr
Paal Dalen