Originally Posted by kunas
Headin to CO this fall I'm looking for new boots I was sold on danners but I'm not reading very good reviews on the new pronghorns I am reading good things about setters any real world opinions would be great most of my hunting will be walking never been out west so I don't know whwt to exspect thanks Ron

I'd suggest most of your hunting should be glassing. I'd suggest that as always there are some Irish Setters better than some Danner and some Danner better than some Irish Setters. I'd say it really doesn't matter for walking and it may matter for freighting in rough terrain. My suggestion is buy what appeals to you and go hunting then either buy another pair because you liked the first pair or buy a different boot because you didn't.

I'd say I use a pair of Irish Setters more than my Danners for woods loafing - but I've got two pair of Danner made in America that I might choose for rougher use where I may not know where I'm sleeping that night and for freighting heavy loads either packing in or out with the traditional Goodyear welt stitched down and a couple pair of imported tennis shoe Danners I bought on sale that are fine but wouldn't stand up and can't be refurbished.