Originally Posted by 65BR
Curious besides debating Stats on various models...

Has anyone NOT been able to kill game during legal light b/c the view was not 'bright' enough?

I recall one buck in Alberta on a field edge,whose antlers blended so well with the aspen bush in the background that we could tell nothing about them until he was too far and too late to shoot,and the antlers were contrasted against snow.I could see him to kill him, but could not tell what he was even with good bins to help.

Problems usually don't crop up with deer in the open,but when they are on the edge with no contrast IME....and I have had deer in full sunlight feeding through high brown grass and tricky sunlight/and shade show up a whole lot better through one scope than another of the same make.....one scope had the contrast to "see", and the other, an older model,could not cut it.

I use pretty common rifle scopes,but don't kid myself, and no one is going to tell me there is no difference in glass, or that better optics can't, under some circumstances, make a difference. That's BS.Those who believe it are kidding themselves.

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.