Looks like for what you would like to do, the Creedmoor isn`t getting too much love in the response dept.

Hunting deer, the lopes, coyotes and for shooting rocks the 6.5 Creed is fine. Even though you may never take a 1,000 yard kill shot, you would consider a kill shot out to 900-1000 yards? Even if properly scoped, I wouldn`t touch a 900-1000 yard kill shot using a 6.5 Creedmoor on any game. And I don`t even own a 6.5mm. Rock or paper targets out a 1000 yards is fine.

However, Wayne Van Zwoll nailed a bull elk with one shot using a 6.5 Creedmoor at 603 yards using a 129 gr A-Max. That video was posted on here quite a few months ago. But at 750-800-900-1000 yards?

Imo, if you would like to better accomplish what you describe, then you might consider the more powerful 264 Win or 7RM and deal with more recoil if you choose not to put a brake on it. Padded shooting vests and slip on recoil pads work very well to reduce felt recoil.

If I were you, I`d go with a more powerful cartridge that better does what I wanted, and I`d also buy what is necessary to help reduce the felt recoil.

28 Nosler,,,,300WSM,,,,338-378 Wby,,,,375 Ruger