Originally Posted by saddlesore
quote form Richard Austin "The only reason he's holding the horn is too keep from using his hands."

What a crock. Watch those cutters and you can see them stressing thier arms while holding on.They brace ecah time the horse changes direction.

As I mentioned, what do you do when you need your hands for other things?

If you want to have a conversation,fine,just stop blowing smoke. Most of the members who post on this thread and forum spend hours in the saddle.1/2 of them are working ranchers.We don't climb on a horse and ride it for twenty minutes or just do arena riding.

first off, thats not cutters i'm taking about, that's Buster Welch. second thing is, theres plenty of people who don't do things the best it can be done. by your logic, if i also own a gun that would make me a complete authority on that as well. i've got a pair of chaps in the tack room with over 1/2 dozen of the largest and likely most famous ranches phone number written on the inside in case i left them behind somewhere, again by your logic that likely makes me the most complete expert that ever walked... starting to see the fault of your logic? back to topic. its fine with me if you cant sit a horse or mule. just because you've found a way to keep your hapless ass mounted doesn't mean squat. Buster knew more about horses by age 18 than you'll know in two lifetimes, and with what you've said i wouldn't let you teach my mule to kick. i'll take Buster's advice over yours or anybody elses. you want a crock or smoke you just look in the mirror.

Be Polite , Be Professional , but have a plan to kill everybody you meet
-General James Mattis United States Marine Corps

Nothing is darker than a mau mau's moo moo.