Originally Posted by Mark R Dobrenski
[quote=DanAdair]
[

Not often one sees a can of Monster on the bench is it... wink

Also Dan, do you normally use a led sled thingy bench rest like that or do you use a traditional front rest and bunny bag in the rear?

And one last Q, what bullets out of your 308 Mt have you used to take elk?

Thx
Dober

Notice the monster is still closed?? No way could I shoot a flyweight like a Montana after industrial dosages of caffeine. I started drinking Monsters and Rock Stars back when I worked Graveyard and D shift (weekends with lots of double backs) Working shift work and manual labor like that is a major bonus come hunting season. I know how far I can push myself before I literally do a face plant laugh That pic was the day we were working up loads at the range. Brass was prepped and I brought along my "remote press" That was when I discovered the Montana likes Lapua brass and 165 NABs
crappy pic through the spotter
[Linked Image]

That cheapy Benchmaster sees a lot of use. you can't see it in the pic, but had the two halves welded together, so the jack screw does nothing. Its pretty rigid, and it works. I try to stay off the benchrest as much as possible.

Last years "Elk Load" was a 560 grain Beeman MFX Traditional with a 100 grain brass insert up front and a 150 grain Werewolf double bevel head leaving my recurve 184 FPS Avg. I haven't shot an Elk with a rifle since '99. Once rifle season opens Elk are an incedental target. last 2 years I had 165 HotCors in my Montana, at just over 2750 FPS.

I'm Irish...

Of course I know how to patch drywall