I've had a Remington 1100 in constant use since 1982 and an 11-87 since "87" and neither has had a glitch. All original parts and they shoot as if they were new. I've shot trap, skeet, sporting clays, upland birds, waterfowl, deer... I would take my 11-87 in the field before I'd take any other shotgun. I've read article after article on the South American dove hunts where they use Rem 11-87s and Beretta 391s. I think the Rems kick softer and have better lines. It's been called the best pointing gun ever made. I have the Field and Stream with the 50 greatest guns ever made in the reading room, and the 1100 is there. The 391 is also. I can buy a near mint 1100 for $400 in 12 gauge, 11-87 Premier for $500 to $600. I have 2 friends who spent over $1,000 on Benellis this bird season and they like them. I offered to let them shoot my 11-87, which I think points better and I know kicks less. Neither wanted to after spending the $$$. I'll shoot mine until I can no longer lift them.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson