Originally Posted by rob p
My 1100 has been in use for 30 years, and my 11-87 for 25 without a single issue. They have been widely recognized as the softest shooting most pointable shotguns ever made. I stated that the Beretta 391 is also recognized for it's ability as they are the two guns of choice for 1000 plus bird a day wing shooting outfitters down in South America. I've never, in 30 years of shooting heard one single complaint about Remington 1100s or ll-87s until they started building them off site. The Sportsman series made for Dicks, Walmart, and mass market have had problems and I don't recommend them to anyone. The 1100 and Premier 11-87 have excellent reputations.

By the way, how a gun shoots or doesn't shoot based upon how often you clean it is kind of ridiculous. We are not in combat. I clean every gun I own every time I use it. I paid good money for them and want them to last a lifetime.

Rob I had a sporting clays 12 gauge 2 years ago that had absolutely the most beautiful wood on a shotgun ..outstanding. I ordered it thru my local dealer , when it came in the rear checkerimg diamonds had not been cut. I called Remington and they sent me the most gorgeous foreend and buttstock one can imagine. That is one I should have kept. That mistake will not repeat itself.