I was the field boy for a trap and skeet range, and shot 8 boxes of shells every Saturday, reloaded them Saturday night and shot them again Sunday morning. That's 400 rounds a week, 20,000 a year from the time I was in Junior High school to the time I went to college. I tried out for the Olympic training camp against a kid named Web Goodman, who also used a Rem 1100. He beat me and went to camp. I didn't. The best shot in our club Frank Petty used a .410 1100 and would break 100 birds straight. I never had a misfire. Pulling birds, I never saw a misfire that wasn't due to a bad primer. I've shot sporting clays with folks who use Perazzis and Krieghoffs who have asked to use my 1100 because their arms were getting sore! I've also had people borrow my 1100 to shoot their split shells they couldn't fit into their doubles. My 8th grade science teacher, who talked my Mom into letting me get mine when I was 12, said you could stuff beer cans into it and it would fire them.

Philip Bourgaily of Field and Stream writes the shotgun column and I have read articles on wing shooting and I've always seen 11-87s and A-391s. I can tell you having put a lot of shells through them, and getting a lot of positive affirmation from what I've read on them, I wouldn't hesitate to buy one of the 11-87 premiers or 1100s. I teach hunter safety here twice a year and recommend them to people starting out.

"I didn't get the sophisticated gene in this family. I started the sophisticated gene in this family." Willie Robertson