MCH & battue I've got no reason to disagree regarding the superior reliability and longevity of the newer Italian guns You both say you shoot the Italian guns, you sound like you know what you're talking about and I've read and heard it elsewhere as well.

I've never shot two hundred rounds in a day more than a couple of times that I recall. Also I probably don't shoot more than 2,500/3,000 rounds a year total so my opinion is based on not being a high volume shooter but a lot of shotgun owners don't shoot as much as I do.

This year I dove hunted and did some preserve chukar and pheasant shooting. Between Sept. 1st. & Dec 26 I put over a flat of shells for that through my early 80s Lt 20 1100, which I bought used. Other than wiping off the outside I never cleaned it and it never malfunctioned. I also don't have any trouble getting through four boxes of shells problem free for skeet, trap or SC in my other 1100s and don't clean them every time out either.

I'd agree that if the OP likes the Italian guns, and money's no problem and/or he's a high volume 10 to 20 thousand rounds a year shooter he should be probably be getting an Italian gun. If that's not the case, and he finds and likes a used 1100 that will reliably fill his needs for a lot less why not give it a try?

Remington's done something right with the 1100. It's been around since 1963, they've sold millions of them and they're still selling them.

Last edited by 43Shooter; 02/20/12.