Rob p I didn't see you mention anything about trap doubles. So of course the gun isn't going to have a problem. Every trap shoot I have ever been to you could only load one round. So yes unless its a bad primer there isn't much that really can go wrong (for the most part). Also you are from RI and I have never seen a post about shooting at Peace Dale, Addieville, or Wallum Lake Rod&Gun club. Of course Richie isn't truly running Peace Dale anymore but back in the hayday if you wanted tournament targets and to practice FITASC that was the place to go. Having Addieville in your backyard and not using it to me is a crime. I admit I haven't shot at Wallum in a bunch of years but they had moments of great targets too. RI is a very good state to live in if you are a shotgunner.

43shooter I have nothing against Remington's. I just feel that there are better options out there. Are they going to compete when high volumn shooting is involved? NO. Are they a decent hunting gun for the average low volumn shooter? Sure. In the 60's and 70's they were at the top of the list. As far as them still selling and people still having an affection with them. I chalk that up to what they were used to, familar with, and had been brough up on. However if you stand still the world will pass you by.

Battue my point on pointablity was/is that what feels great to you isn't going to feel great to me. Our size and body shape is just to far off.

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.