Originally Posted by Greyghost
You can come up with all the screwy sceneros you like, but the fact remains the guy went looking for trouble, then stated to police he was scared of the perp and was afraid he couldn't handle the guy.... [bleep] he should hav stayed home...

As to a fire if you like to continue with these, if it was ourside and posed a danger to the structure or life, yes I would try to put it out, if it was inside and of no danger to anones life, no it's better left to the fire department...

But hey you keep comeing up with these.

Phil
Why so defensive? Why is it a 'screwy sceanrio'? In both scenarios his neighbor's PROPERTY was in danger, not a life. You have touted the 'none of my business' angle and I'm trying to see how far it goes. In the OP he 'handled the guy' just fine it seems. Like I said, some folks make better neighbors than others. If we were neighbors and we had this conversation so I knew your position and chose to respect it, I suspect had the exact same scenario played itself out at your home, and I told you I went inside and called the cops and then watched TV while the perp was crawling out your window, "Thanks for being a great neighbor" would be about the last thought on your mind. Of course since I reasonable cause to suspect the guy also stole MY stuff I wouldn't have been so apathetic but go with it.
The cops can't be everywhere at every minute to protect life and property and that old axiom of "When seconds count, the police are just minutes away" is not only true in defense of your life. Would you have even bothered to watch the guy and/or get his license plate number or is that also 'none of your business'? I'm just trying to quantify the level of apathy people have for taking care of threats.

NRA Lifer
"It is curious that physical courage should be so common in the world and moral courage so rare." - Mark Twain
"Everybody has principles... until they are an inconvenience." - Me