Originally Posted by 1minute
Whenever away, my neighbors and I always ask and agree to keep an eye on each others place. That given, we are not just blindly running down some unknown individual seen exiting a window, but following through on an agreement with the neighbor. I'd be tickled pink to have that gentleman across the street.

On the reckless firing. Yes, bullets can bounce (especially when fired across near level plains) and even come back in the opposite direction in some extremely rare instances. I'd lay odds though that a slug fired into soil, at anything greater than a 45 degree angle, is going to stick right there. If it did indeed stay put, endangerment should absolutely not be a issue. Any of us with just a little bit of thought, could probably stand in a crowd and figure out some way to safely discharge a firearm. Do we arrest our officers when they engage in an urban environment? The laws should read the same for everyone.

If anyone is in that vicinity, could you please keep us up on the happenings in this instance. I'd gladly donate to a defense fund if it's needed.

In this state the LE agencies that i've seen their SOP's, do not even allow warning shots to be fired, it's pretty standard not to. If you check those in OR. they probably don't either.