Originally Posted by GeauxLSU
Originally Posted by pa_gus
I just hope the guy gets his guns back, I'm sure he will, since it seems charges were never brought.
I'm still stunned they were confiscated and yes, hopefully they are already returned without a scratch (but with an apology would be nice).
They oughta give him one of their issue pistols to go along with his collection and then give him some free handgun training. That would clear up the "warning shot" issue so many seem to have a problem with.

I was pretty critical here and I think with good reason. The problem is with the law itself and also with a cop who had no good judgment. I don't think anything should happen to the cop. I know that will surprise some. I think he made a terrible decision especially the part where the guy's guns were confiscated. He was following the law though. The department needs to informally watch the guy and make sure he doesn't do more stuff like this with penalties in the future if he does. Of course if he already has a history of bad decision making, maybe he needs a suspension or desk or something.

Kudos to the County Attorney. He sounds about 90% better than the assclown we have for one.