Originally Posted by hunter1960
Originally Posted by pa_gus
Don't read into my comments as leo bashing, the officers have nothing to due with how laws are written, they just have to enforce them. In the particular case (my buddie), I was reffering to, I have a feeling the guns were already gone when he went to retrtrive them.

He should of got an Atty. and sat down with the DA & Judge and got an order releasing the guns back to him. The guns went somewhere? There should be a log of where they were logged into evidence and logged out.

The state police have been investigating the local sheriff's office for years, on their records. As of right now they have suppeona the dept. for all records, the sheriff has refused to produce them, and is in Jail on contempt charges. This all came to light when a man ( not my buddie) was charged and aquitted ( of what I don't remember) went to retrieve his firearms and was told there was no record of them. He was a class 3? ( fully auto) license holder, and one of the thompson's that he turned over ended up at a gunshop in the county. The bill of sale said the county sold it to the gunshop for 575.00 ( I've never been in the market for one, but that sounds like a bargain). He turned over two thompsons, thats the one that was found. Welcome to Luzerne Co.

The Judge or DA has the authority to call the State Police to investigate the agency who seized the guns, at least they do in this state anyway.

We don't have a State Police per say, we have TBI (TN. Bureau of Invest.) I've seen them investigate many an agency and make arrests of LEO's to include elected Sheriff's.

EVERYBODY is pro-gun, some just don't know it. When an anti-gun person is in trouble, the first thing they do is call 911 and demand that they send somebody with a gun!

"Turdlike".... in record time