Originally Posted by HugAJackass
Originally Posted by hunter1960

He or she is an elected official, in this state for eight years. If the citizens don't like the results, they don't have to be reelected, voters choice.

DA's in this state have a lot of pull, if they don't have their own investigators, they can use TBI, that's why TBI has an investigator in every county or assigned to every county. If the DA wants to look into something, he just has to show reason to the TBI, if he wants to go around local LE.

If you poll the majority of people on the street about crime and LE's response. What they'll tell you is to stick it to every criminal who walks the street, that is aslong as it isn't them or their family. smile

Do they have term limits?

All I'm saying is that I know first hand of how a system like that has been abused.

I also know better than to go into details online. I'll be happy to share with you via PM though how such a system was horrifically abused.

I understand that it's important for a DA to have the ability to conduct investigations. It's a needed evil in our system. Just keep in mind though, that absolute power, corrupts absolutely. That kind of power needs to have a check. Term limits are a place to start....

No term limits. Just have to run for reelection every eight years. A lot of people don't worry about local elections. They only worry about state & natl. elections. They vote by name recognition in local elections or someone being a friend of a friend thing.