I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder. There are some beautiful rifles in here, however I have always admired guns that have had to work for a living. I am as proud as a new Papa about every dent ding and abrasion that my guns have received in their years of service. I have included photographs of a 1948 vintage 270 Win. owned and used by an old rancher in Colorado. Best of his recallection he has shot over 100 elk and too many deer to remember. His is the rifle with the red recoil pad. The shiny in the photograph is the sun glaring off an area that has vertually no blue left on it. What little bluing that is left on the gun is very faint. You will also notice that the checkering is worn flat from handling. The other is a 1948 vintage 30-06 that I used for many years while big game hunting in Colorado. It has accounted for many deer, elk, antelope and coyotes. My wife is too good of a photographer as it does not show many of it's character marks. You will notice there is vertually no finish around the pistol grip and floor plate from the years of being carried and used. Checkering again is worn flat, little blueing on the floor plate and no blueing left on the bold handle. Though not a Winchester, I am adding a photograph of my old prewar Colt Woodsman that I used while guiding big game hunters. I believe you can tell from what finish is left that it has led a colorful life also.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]