Originally Posted by derby_dude
The title reminds me of a story.

A friend of mine who was a guide had a hunter show up to camp one time with a Browning BAR in .300 Winchester mag and enough ammo to start a war.

The hunter spent two weeks hunting elk and expanded almost all of his ammo. The elk were safe. My friend the guide hid the hunter's BAR the night before the hunter's last day to hunt. My friend then loaned the hunter his Ruger #1 in .300 Win mag. and one round. My friend than announced that to day the hunter would get his elk. And the Hunter did get an elk a nice bull.

I asked my friend why the turn around in the hunter's attitude. My friend said one shot, one round settles a man down to concentrating on the job at hand. As long as a man has a repeater and lots of ammo he just shoots. One shot, one round now a man hunts.

Derby_Dude,

I like that story... It about sums up the reasons I hunt with a sgl shot.

To me, How I take a game animal, is far more important than IF I take one at all... AFAIC, the only reason God put horns on a game animal, is so we can tell the difference... grin (Tho' I will admit that pics of a dead doe, or cow elk, arent' all the enjoyable... grin )

GH

"As you walk thru life, don't be surprised that there are fewer people that you encounter seeking truth than those seeking confirmation of what they already believe!"