Just picked up a new Forbes M24B chambered for 270 Win. What a well-made rifle! No problems loading and chambering my handloads. When they say it will shoot 1/2" groups at 100 yards, that's exactly what they mean. The first group I shot with the first load I tried went into exactly a half-inch. That load was 50gr W760 with the original, thin-jacketed 130 grain Nosler BHallistic tips. What a great trigger! I didn't measure it but I'm sure it broke at around 3-4 lbs. The trigger is wide and contacts more area on the finger, so it felt lighter. All I did was mount a Leupy 3-9x40 with LRD reticle, swabbed the bore, and shot. Rifle came with Talley lightweight mounts that are the perfect height for that scope. Absolutely no muss, no fuss. Didn't have to adjust the trigger, forend bedding, or anything. What a pleasure! The striker is light weight with very fast lock time so as not to disturb the rifle when the sear breaks. The stock fits me well. At the store I compared it to a Weatherby. The Weatherby fit me a skosh better, but the Forbes was right in there, and the Weatherby was several hundred dollars higher in price. I've been wanting to give the 270 another chance since I had some bullet failures with it back in the '80s, and I can't think of a better platform for the task. This rifle will go moose hunting with me and my eldest son in a year or two. smile

Our God reigns.
Harrumph!!!
I often use quick reply. My posts are not directed toward any specific person unless I mention them by name.