I posted this in the Hunter's Campfire but should probably post it here as well cause it is delicious.

Dogzapper taught me how to make this dish. I've always fried them but these are slow cooked in gravy and served over Basmati rice. Good stuff, the gizzards are so tender you can cut them with a fork. They were also darn tasty for breakfast this morning served over fresh biscuits. If they weren't so high in cholesterol I'd eat them every day.

This is super easy to make. You just wash them off and then put them in the Crockpot with a package of gravy mix, I used Pioneer brown gravy mix but Steve said any gravy mix will do. Mrs. Dzapper said to put in a cup or so more water than what the gravy mix calls for which I did and then after they were done I let it boil off a bit to thicken the gravy. I threw them in the Crockpot last night before bed and let them cook on low overnight. I love fried gizzards but I must admit these are even better. $1.46 at Kroger for 2 lbs of gizzards and $.89 for the packet of gravy mix, that's cheap eats and it's darn good.

[Linked Image]

A government, to afford the needful protection and exercise proper care for the welfare of a people, must have homogeneity in its constituents.

-Jefferson Davis