Well I bedded the barrel channel yesterday and freefloated it from the recoil lug out. Kind of like I did with the std wt I sold to EricM. Here's how she turned out:

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I loaded up some 225gr. Hornady sp interlocks last night and took her out for a test drive today. Brass was new so load development for accuracy was kind of a moot point. However, Now I know a few things: The rifle functioned flawlessly, it's showing good potential for accuracy, and I don't like shooting in the damn rain and wind!!!!!:

First group fired with ol betsy's (my old faithful Ruger m77 mkII) pet load of 67gr. IMR4350 and 250gr. sierra gameking bullet. I used these bullets to get the scope adjusted. This was the actual first group fired with the '59 Alaskan (scope was not dialed in at this point):
[Linked Image] 3 shot group @ .950". Always a good thing when your first group with a new rifle is right around 1 MOA.

Here are some of the other groups shot today:
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[img]http://i1180.photobucket.com/albums/x401/chiefbsa/009_zps0f157367.jpg[/img]

Shows some pretty good potential I think....It should do better next time out with some fireformed brass. Hopefully the weather is more cooperative as well. I think I'm going to love this ol girl grin

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA