24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 28 29
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You'd know it too, if you spent any time on the street!

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Dance!!!

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by bfrshooter
It is people shooting again, not hunting. I agree you should not shoot anyone behind the creep but in most cases it is another creep anyway. I have no guns to carry but my hunting guns are good for 5 creeps in a row. They will shoot through a house and take out an engine block. Why would a cop put himself in the line of fire?
If you'd ever spent any time on the street, you'd know there's a LOT of times when you'd have one guy directly behind a perp, purposefully or not. Chit happens on the street, it's never clinical. And when on the street, there's rarely a time where you can say "I'll never do this or that".

And you have to understand, it's almost always the other guy's decision on when you start the dance, so anything can happen.

do tell us more about the "street".

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's a gunfight, for foooks sake. Collateral damage is going to occur and if people on either side--or no side--wander into somebody's field of fire (FOF) only dumb luck or the grace of God keeps them from eating a bullet.

It's important to remember that EACH participant has their own ideas about where their FOF is. That decision is based on a triage of perceived threats evaluated in fractions of seconds. Their FOF may rotate 360 degrees in less time than it took you to read this sentence.

Any round worth carrying is going to shoot through the torso, more often than not.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
But Massad said I'll have a tough time in court if my bullets aren't lodged in the perp?

He also inspired me to never put reloads in my home defense guns.

And he kept me clear of those POS Glocks. Until Glock started paying him of course. Then I discovered they were A-OK!!!

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Originally Posted by tjm10025

Campfire doctrine says a pistol is a poor substitute for a centerfire rifle but we don't want a pistol to penetrate as much as a centerfire rifle.
Right!!! Now you're getting it wink

sometimes folks get side tracked though. The only reason to carry a gun for protection, is for, well protection. It only makes sense to carry the most effective weapon you can, consistant with other considerations.
I'd be more inclined to err on the side of my choice being 'dammed effective', than one that was 'ok if you do everything right, and thimgs go your way'.
I will deal with the specter of over penetration, if it happens, but frankly, it's an iffy thing, not all that common, and not my biggest concern.

Sam......

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
My thoughts on the article:

[Linked Image]

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Creativity at is finiest right there.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Ayoob still teaches that if in a self defense shooting insisting on an attorney before making a statement aligns you w/ the criminal element in the eyes of the police.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Ah, yes. I forgot that jewel.

Thanks miker.

Dave

IC B3

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by deflave
My thoughts on the article:

[Linked Image]

I'd say the meter is accurate, especially after this BS Ayoob wrote in the article

Defense experts concurred, and the jury acquitted, as they should have. But Case Twenty-Nine probably wouldn’t have gone to trial if the defendant had loaded his gun with proper hollow points, which almost certainly would have left the mushroomed bullet embedded inside the neck and shown that the attacker was shot from the front.

I'd wager heavily that a 180 JHP in 40 cal would have exited as well. Adobo is getting really ridiculous and Kevin didn't choose a very good article to back up his position.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by jwp475
….I'd say the meter is accurate, especially after this BS Ayoob wrote in the article...

…I'm not trying to defend Ayoob, nor be contentious……after reading the article, I can't figure out what you feel is objectively BS??? I don't pretend to know a lot about terminal ballistics, but on the face of it, his info seemed logical…..where am I wrong???

http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/25/m...st-defensive-ammo-for-concealed-carry/2/

Last edited by gmoats; 06/12/15.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I'd wager heavily that a 180 JHP in 40 cal would have exited as well. Adobo is getting really ridiculous

Yep and yep.

Dave

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Not asking to talk to an attorney? Seriously. I guess Law Sheild has it all wrong then.

Oh I get it, by talking to an attorney, the police categorize you with politians.

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by gmoats
….I'd say the meter is accurate, especially after this BS Ayoob wrote in the article...

…I'm not trying to defend Ayoob, nor be contentious……after reading the article, I can't figure out what you feel is objectively BS??? I don't pretend to know a lot about terminal ballistics, but on the face of it, his info seemed logical…..where am I wrong???

http://dailycaller.com/2014/02/25/m...st-defensive-ammo-for-concealed-carry/2/

His info is non logic and I laid it out very plainly if you've read all of my posts in this thread.

Last edited by jwp475; 06/12/15.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I'm so sorry……the cracked head and .308 non-take-down explain it all…..

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Problem solved

[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I read Ayoob a long time ago and passed on his book to several new shooters. IMO he was one of the first people to objectively analyze what really happens in defensive shootings and clearly communicate the results - and he helped dispel a lot of dangerous myths in the process. So I think he has done many people a great service both in terms of tactics to survive dangerous encounters, and in tactics to win the legal fights afterward.

But yeah, some of his tactics are questionable, and may not work all that well in all situations.

And if I can't buy the most desirable defensive ammo, I'll roll my own smirk

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

J
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Sleepy
Campfire 'Bwana
J
D. A. "Jelly" Bryce killed quite a few criminals in gunfights and when asked if ever worried about bring them in alive his reply was that he was more worried about bringing himself in alive.

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
D. A. "Jelly" Bryce killed quite a few criminals in gunfights and when asked if ever worried about bring them in alive his reply was that he was more worried about bringing himself in alive.

…..just for you, Ayoob's review of the book bout Bryce:
http://backwoodshome.com/blogs/MassadAyoob/2014/06/14/a-great-novel-about-a-great-cop/
smirk

Last edited by gmoats; 06/12/15.

Page 3 of 29 1 2 3 4 5 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
692 members (10Glocks, 10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 222Sako, 222ND, 16penny, 74 invisible), 2,794 guests, and 1,331 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,628
Posts18,398,765
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.