Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by jorgeI
500 thousand years ago, we all started pretty much the same. Fast forward to the Colonial Era and the blacks in Africa (as well as the American Indian) were still pretty much in the Stone Age. Today in Africa, whatever modicum of civilized society they have, they owe to the Europeans. The WHEEL for chrissake was unknown in Africa until the 1600s. And no I don't buy they excuse they didn't develop because the fruit on their trees hung lower and the weather was nicer.

"Guns, Germs, and Steel" by Jared Diamond pretty much lays out the why, where, and when human civilization has turned out like it has.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

BP-B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Negro's take no responsibility for anything or any aspect of their life or existence & want everything given to them as they also do not want to work for anything.

Those characteristics preclude being a part of normal American society.

So, because if the above, all the programs designed to help them fail.

Until the truth is recognized & actions adjusted accordingly, nothing is going to change.

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by 284LUVR
Incredible poverty where I live in West Virginia that is many, many generations old and I honestly can't remember the last time I saw a LEO in the area yet crime is minimal being limited to petty theft and crimes against family members.

In essence there is no law enforcement presence here and the poor white folks manage themselves quite well.

Rural black communities are pretty much the same.

More true in the past & becoming less true as time passes.

MM

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Honestly I don't think the social programs are designed to help them. I think the programs are designed to keep them where they are and they are working out just fine. If the liberals really cared and wanted to improve their lives, they'd scrap the programs. But the programs have an entrenched dependent class and an entrenched cast of bureaucrat teachers, case workers, policemen, prison guards etc., etc., to cater to them and the bulk of that cast votes lock step democrat election after election.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Slidellkid
It doesn't really matter who wrote it or for which newspaper; it is still spot on.

if its spot on then why did they feel the need to attribute it to a lie?

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by Slidellkid
It doesn't really matter who wrote it or for which newspaper; it is still spot on.

if its spot on then why did they feel the need to attribute it to a lie?

TLee got it in an e-mail attributing it to the Sun and posted it. There was no malicious intent.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm not talking about T. Lee - I'm talking about the people that sent out the email or whoever took it off the blog it was posted on in 2014 and tied it to the Baltimore Sun

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They did that to get people to read it. That ruse worked.

The narrative is still spot on.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I guess I take credibility in journalism a little more seriously

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Credibility? In journalism? Today?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

The message is dead nuts on target. The fact that it ISN'T published in media today is due to the LACK of credibility in journalism. Oh, and BTW - this would be an op-ed anyway.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
doesn't matter - I shouldn't have to explain why its wrong to attribute the piece to a Baltimore Sun writer

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
The good lord seprated different types of people via mountian ranges , deserts , very large bodies of water and other geological formations for good reason.

L
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
L
Originally Posted by ltppowell
I don't think it's that complicated. The smart ones left Africa as soon as they could figure a way out.

The smartest ones sold the others to be shipped away

Last edited by ldholton; 06/15/15.
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by jorgeI
500 thousand years ago, we all started pretty much the same. Fast forward to the Colonial Era and the blacks in Africa (as well as the American Indian) were still pretty much in the Stone Age. Today in Africa, whatever modicum of civilized society they have, they owe to the Europeans. The WHEEL for chrissake was unknown in Africa until the 1600s. And no I don't buy they excuse they didn't develop because the fruit on their trees hung lower and the weather was nicer.

The book Guns, Germs and Steel provides an interesting perspective on why sub-Sahara Africans and indigenous Americans (both South and North) were and are so backward compared to Asia and Europe.

Basically, Europe and Asia had 1) more and better indigenous crops that could be adapted to agriculture, which led to 2) more complex societies with larger urban populations, which led to 3) rapid technological development and 4) more infectious diseases. 3 and 4 led to a strong natural selection process in the European and Asian populations and more dynamic societies in which only the more dynamic individuals could thrive. The process, over a period of anywhere from 10,000 to 50,000 years or more, changed the population and character of Europe and Asia.

Sub-Saharan Africans did not get the benefit of this selective process. A minority (the special 10% as discussed in the OP) are capable of adapting to the more dynamic European or Asian society model, but the majority are not.

That's the argument, anyway. It makes some sense. But it doesn't account for the fact that black Africans were imported into the UK and other parts of Europe as slaves in the same time frame as America's slaves were imported, but they seem to have assimilated there quite well.

And in the end that leaves us with the question of what to do with all these folks who can't/won't fit into the American social model? I have no idea what the solution is.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
DOC you sure it was not because of beer? grin

H
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
H
The only African American I know is a white man who emigrated to America to get away from the racial strife in South Africa.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
Honestly I don't think the social programs are designed to help them. I think the programs are designed to keep them where they are and they are working out just fine. If the liberals really cared and wanted to improve their lives, they'd scrap the programs. But the programs have an entrenched dependent class and an entrenched cast of bureaucrat teachers, case workers, policemen, prison guards etc., etc., to cater to them and the bulk of that cast votes lock step democrat election after election.

There has to be a permanent under class for the democrats to "champion" or they would be out of business.
kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
636 members (007FJ, 257Bob, 01Foreman400, 222ND, 160user, 1234, 69 invisible), 2,836 guests, and 1,426 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,655
Posts18,399,259
Members73,817
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.