deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Does anybody own one of these?

And do you like it?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Not an answer to your questions but the local gun stores report that they are selling them at a brisk pace. The SIG and the HK VP9 are flying off the shelves and the Glocks have taken a back seat at this point in time.

RS

U
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
U
Originally Posted by RipSnort
Not an answer to your questions but the local gun stores report that they are selling them at a brisk pace. The SIG and the HK VP9 are flying off the shelves and the Glocks have taken a back seat at this point in time.

RS
I believe you mean the P320, not the P250.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage

RS

Same here.

Not sure if you've handled one but the trigger on the SIG is fugging incredible. The full size is $650.00 with tritiums.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W

RS

They're probably talking about the p320, not the P250.

The P250 had troubles early on and never fully recovered. While the bugs were worked out out fairly quickly, the p250 never fully recovered. Teh biggest problem was that Sig drug their feet on getting the conversion kits and extra frames out and people grew tired of waiting. It was great concept poorly executed.

The P250 is reliable though many like myself find the DAO trigger pull, while very nice, to be too long. Ive found longtime revolver shooters quite like the P250 line. Prices on them are pretty cheap since the release of the P320. Depending on your bufget or shooting style/preference, the P250 may be a great gun for you for the money.

IC B2

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by deflave

RS

Same here.

Not sure if you've handled one but the trigger on the SIG is fugging incredible. The full size is $650.00 with tritiums.

Travis

PS, dont pay 650.00, I'll land one in to your FFL for les than that, even after transfer fees.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by warpig602

RS

They're probably talking about the p320, not the P250.

The P250 had troubles early on and never fully recovered. While the bugs were worked out out fairly quickly, the p250 never fully recovered. Teh biggest problem was that Sig drug their feet on getting the conversion kits and extra frames out and people grew tired of waiting. It was great concept poorly executed.

The P250 is reliable though many like myself find the DAO trigger pull, while very nice, to be too long. Ive found longtime revolver shooters quite like the P250 line. Prices on them are pretty cheap since the release of the P320. Depending on your bufget or shooting style/preference, the P250 may be a great gun for you for the money.

Maybe I have my Sigs mixed up or they told me the wrong model number. The one I handled was not DA. Are there different variants?

Travis

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage

PS, dont pay 650.00, I'll land one in to your FFL for les than that, even after transfer fees.

What do they usually sell for with night sights?

I gotta run back down there figure out which Sig I liked. grin

Travis

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
The P320 is striker fired and has a very smooth trigger with a short reset. The P250 is a DAO with a long, smooth trigger pull with a slightly longer reset than the P320.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Then I think I was finger banging a 320.

Travis

IC B3

O
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
O
They're nice pistols; I might buy a 320 later this month to see what all the fuss is about. Haven't owned a SIG in a few years...

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
If your're dealer said it was flyng off the shelves...it was P320...basically a P250 but striker fired instead of DAO hammer fired. They look almost identical.

I wouldnt pay more than 575-600

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Then I think I was finger banging a 320.

Travis

If you liked the trigger, it was most definitely a P320. Right up there with VP9 and PPQ, all of which leave the Glock, Springfield and S&W in the dust.

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
If your're dealer said it was flyng off the shelves...it was P320...basically a P250 but striker fired instead of DAO hammer fired. They look almost identical.

Ok. This all makes sense now.

I admit that I usually don't pay attention when people that aren't me are speaking. I must have mixed the two up.

Thanks.

Travis

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage

If you liked the trigger, it was most definitely a P320. Right up there with VP9 and PPQ, all of which leave the Glock, Springfield and S&W in the dust.

That was my thought. Not even comparable to my M&P.

Travis

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W

I admit that I usually don't pay attention when people that aren't me are speaking.

LMAO

JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Like the Glock, both the Sig 250 and 320 are more an advance/simplification in manufacturing processes than an advance to the user. While the modular intent of both Sigs, and the 320 in particular, might change the way military/LE pistols are built - it doesn't have any appeal to me at present. I don't have any interest in switching modular components around.

As stand alone handgun either Sig is at least as good as the competitors in that class (M&P, HK, Glock, XD, etc.). If you like it, go for it.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
The modular, switcheroo schit has no appeal to me at all.

I was just thinking of buying another Glock and he handed me the Sig. The trigger is what caught my attention.

Travis

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
If you'd like to try one, I've got a 320C, which I'd be glad to loan to you with an option to buy it……..the problem with the gun is finding magazines…….I've got about $120 worth of mags (3 @ $40)………I just haven't clicked with the gun and like the FNS better……..I'm going to be in Kalispell next month if you want to drive over and pick it up……..if you decide not to buy it, that's ok…..I probably won't be shooting it so won't need it back quickly……I've probably shot less than 150 rounds thru the gun so it's still pristine (that's "like a virgin" to you Travis!!)
:-)

Last edited by gmoats; 06/16/15.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Gmoats, Does it strike you that the 320 has the slide release in the wrong spot? It feels like a safety to me, with the take down lever in the slide release location.

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

90 members (35, 7x57Hunter, AGL4now, Ashworth, 160user, 41rem, 11 invisible), 984 guests, and 727 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,221
Posts18,447,501
Members73,899
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.