Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
What is it that makes the little LCP so accurate? I had fired a couple of LCPs owned by friends, and was intrigued by their accuracy. Better than my S&W bodyguard.

A nephew showed up at the house last weekend and we did a little shooting. His LCP shoots tiny little groups at 30', and hits dead on the sights. He put 6 into a group that would fit into a teacup at 50'.
Where you look is where you hit...

I don't really like the LCP. Too small. My finger rubs the trigger guard enough to irritate if I shoot one too much. And those dinky little sights are ridiculous.

So... Why???

"Chances Will Be Taken"

GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
I've no idea. I had one for a while, then went to a Bodyguard for my pocket pistol. I hate the Bodyguard after shooting it a bunch. I'll be carrying another LCP in my pocket shortly...

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
G
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
G
A firearm, especially a handgun, has to feel right for you...not everyone else...but you.

It obiviously works well for your cousin.

Do you shoot it well? Do you shoot it well under stress? In spite of the size, can you draw and shoot well?

If the answer to the above questions is yes, the rest is trivial.

johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
My bodyguard isn't going anywhere. I like it a lot. And I shoot it really well, for what it is. Am surely curious as to what makes the lcp hit so far above it's weight in the accuracy dept.

The bodyguard is easier for me to draw and to handle. And it's fun and comfortable to shoot.

And I can put everything into a coffee mug at 30'. So far, the coffee mug is still 4" left of my point of aim, but it's accurate enough for it's designed purpose.

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Maybe you just got lucky because I wasn't impressed with the one I shot. An LCR J-frame would kick its ass all day long.

Loosen your right, tighten your left. See if your POI moves over.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Never like my LCP, my hands are to big.
Traded it for a Sig 232, night and day difference
both in feel and accuracy.

"The older I get, the better I was"
B
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
B

My wife has an LCP and it is very accurate. I try not to even shoot my little Smell-tec when the LCP is out and about.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
johnw Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The LCR is well nigh unusable, for me. The trigger angle and position are the worst i've ever experienced.

I passed an otherwise good deal on a sig p290s for similar concerns.

The S&W bodyguard (I've only used one) is more accurate than I expected it to be.
The LCP (I've used 3) is accurate enough to strain my believer...

"Chances Will Be Taken"

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
they seem to be a pretty decent lil gun

but they fall under the category of

it's the gun I got when I ain't got a gun

wonderful sport for shooting shrews and stuff

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
An LCP will do if you will. Here's the results of a Bill Drill 2 that I shot recently .... cold.

[Linked Image]

Bill Drill 2

(Designed by Bill Wilson)

Range: 7yd
Target: standard IDPA target 8″ -0 zone
Start position: gun in holster, hands at sides
Rounds fired: 15

This is a new version of the classic Bill Drill developed by Bill Wilson with a goal toward working the draw and different numbers of shots on target. Scoring is standard Vickers with a half second penalty per point down.

There are five strings of fire, each for time:

1.Draw and fire 1 shot.
2.Draw and fire 2 shots.
3.Draw and fire 3 shots.
4.Draw and fire 4 shots.
5.Draw and fire 5 shots.

Bill Wilson suggests a 10-second total score as a goal.

*I pocket carry so my start position was hand on the gun.

The uninitiated are always easily impressed.
NRA Endowment Member
IC B3

W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
With the rise in micro 9mm's, I dont see the need for the 380 any longer. For a while when they first came out they were the smallest platform you could get by a large margin, the trade off was having to carry a .380 but if you needed added concealabilty, there wasnt much else in the market for a reasonable price. Now that we have 9mm designs fractionally bigger than their .380 counterparts, I dont see why someone would choose one over the other.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by warpig602
With the rise in micro 9mm's, I dont see the need for the 380 any longer. For a while when they first came out they were the smallest platform you could get by a large margin, the trade off was having to carry a .380 but if you needed added concealabilty, there wasnt much else in the market for a reasonable price. Now that we have 9mm designs fractionally bigger than their .380 counterparts, I dont see why someone would choose one over the other.

For me anyway, the LCP works better as a pocket gun. I can carry all day, even in jeans, with no problem. I also have an LC9s that I like a lot; it's just a little too big for pocket carry; it needs a holster or a heavy coat pocket. Just depends on where I'm going and how I'm dressed. I wouldn't want to be shot by either a .380 or a 9mm.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Local shop had Rugers on sale last week so I bought an LCP Custom. Its small enough to make a difference for certain situations where a G26, Shield, or even PM9 seem big.

I'm not good with a pistol, so 15 feet might not impress many but I was happy with the LCP accuracy. I'm going to try some Lehigh in it next.

J

[Linked Image]

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Not sure why the LCP shoots so well.

I had a P3AT awhile back and I don't remember it being anywhere near as accurate as the LCP. A couple weeks ago I fired a friend's TCP and it shot really well, like the LCP. The trigger reset issue was a no-go for me though.

The thing that pushed me to the Custom was the sights, although some guys tell me their LCPs with the bumps shoot just as well.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

572 members (1_deuce, 10gaugeman, 007FJ, 264mag, 160user, 2500HD, 66 invisible), 2,320 guests, and 1,209 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,656
Posts18,455,584
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.