Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Originally Posted by JOG
Gmoats, Does it strike you that the 320 has the slide release in the wrong spot? It feels like a safety to me, with the take down lever in the slide release location.

Huh? Slide release is in the same spot as it is on all my other guns, takedown lever too.

Last edited by warpig602; 06/16/15.
GB1

deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by gmoats
If you'd like to try one, I've got a 320C, which I'd be glad to loan to you with an option to buy it……..the problem with the gun is finding magazines…….I've got about $120 worth of mags (3 @ $40)………I just haven't clicked with the gun and like the FNS better……..I'm going to be in Kalispell next month if you want to drive over and pick it up……..if you decide not to buy it, that's ok…..I probably won't be shooting it so won't need it back quickly……I've probably shot less than 150 rounds thru the gun so it's still pristine (that's "like a virgin" to you Travis!!)
:-)

Thanks for the offer gmoats. Is it a 9mm?

I assume the C makes it a compact?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by JOG
Gmoats, Does it strike you that the 320 has the slide release in the wrong spot? It feels like a safety to me, with the take down lever in the slide release location.

Felt just right to me. But I've not shot one.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J

Sig's shoot very well IME

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
As UPHiker corrected me on the first page of this thread, I meant the SIG 320. The 250 is being discontinued and can be had at a very reasonable price. The 320 has an astonishingly great trigger for a striker-fired pistol. Personally, I prefer the HK VP9 but both pistols, the SIG 320 and the HK VP9, represent the state of the art of striker-fried pistols at this point in time.

RS

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I think the 320 has a very good chance of becoming our next service pistol. When you look at the criteria laid down, the 320 and the new pistol that Beretta is submitting are the only two that really meet that criteria (in the strictest sense). The 320 is a very well thought out pistol. From the standpoint of a military, I think it makes SO much sense. As a civilian, none of those features do me any amount of good...if I buy one, I'm not likely to go swapping things all around. And if mine breaks, it's not like I'll have a bin full of fire control modules.

Still, the ergonomics are good, trigger is excellent, and they appear to be quite reliable. It will be interesting to see how they hold up in the torture test.

I'd say the only down side, and this being purely subjective; the 320 is butt ugly...but then so are all the other Tupperware pistols. But it ought to be a damn good pistol.

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
I agree on the ugliness of the SIG 320. UGH! Reminds me of my mini-soap box derby car when I was a Cub Scout. That was one tortured block of wood.

RS

Last edited by RipSnort; 06/16/15.
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
They're all ugly. Even the new 1911's are fuggin' ugly with their ambi-safeties and stainless and plastic grips.

Travis

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Buy the 320.

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's a bunch of really good Tupperware guns out right now. The H&K VP9 is sweet, the FN is a nice pistol and very versatile. The Sig obviously, and of course the Glock is always there if you want the tried and true.

IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by JOG

JOG....I think that it's positioned like most Sig's......back too far for us 1911 guys, but not bad once you get use to it.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by deflave

Thanks for the offer gmoats. Is it a 9mm?

I assume the C makes it a compact?

Travis

Travis, yes it's a 9 and a compact---roughly the same size as a G-19....most of my spare mags are 17 rounders for the full size frame as I didn't see the illogic in reloading into a mag that sticks out the bottom of the frame....the reason that I'm willing to let it go is that I personally don't care for the slight bend in the trigger compared to Glock's or the FN.......the gun's accurate and shoots flawlessly......you're welcome to borrow it for an extended period if you like.....after which if you want to buy a new one or a full sized model, that's ok with me.....I'm not actively trying to sell it.....it's probably just going to be a safe queen for me (although I'm taking it as a backup to a John Farnam class in a couple of weeks). If you're interested in borrowing it, I need to know before we leave for Kalispell next month so that I pack it....otherwise it will be in the safe in Laramie.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
deflave Offline OP
Campfire Sage
OP Offline
Campfire Sage
moats,

Why did you not buy the full size? Kinda selfish of you IMO.

PM inbound.

Travis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
My left hand rode the slide stop lever and kept it from locking back. I didn't think it was in the wrong spot, but it was placed kinda awkward for my grip.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
JOG Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
I didn't think it was in the wrong spot, but it was placed kinda awkward for my grip.

My shoes aren't too small, just too short. smirk

Forgive me my nonsense, as I also forgive the nonsense of those that think they talk sense.
Robert Frost
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Originally Posted by deflave
Then I think I was finger banging a 320.

Travis

Out of finger banging practice eh?

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

72 members (Algotguns, 21, 808outdoors, 1973cb450, ATC, 8 invisible), 1,420 guests, and 743 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,280
Posts18,467,675
Members73,928
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.