Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dryflyelk
I've got an P7M8 that I really love, but it is definitely NOT a "wonder nine." I also had a P7M10 (the .40 version). They are suberbly crafted pieces of german engineering that hold a lot of appeal to many (including myself) much like a fine swiss watch. And much like swiss watches that had the hurt put on them by the digital watch that could do the same thing cheaper, more reliable and more accurate, the new generation of polymer handguns does just that.

Please elaborate...

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]
GB1

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by RGK
I have a sentimental attachment to a Beretta 92 after carrying one as a cop and Soldier, but this is my favorite now...always liked a BHP. Now that I'm retired I can carry and shoot whatever I want. I think the great lesson I've learned is that any service-type pistol, if it's reliable, will do. But it's fun to argue.
Bob

[Linked Image]

I've also carried Beretta M-9 as an issue weapon. I think the Army made a good choice. But like you I have a preference for the BHP. With a little gunsmithing it fits and shoots so well for me! Superb ergonomics

Last edited by idahoguy101; 06/15/15.
R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
Another BHP favorite...
Bob

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I am a little surprised that the BHP does not get at least as much consideration as the 1911, as far as serious fighting pistols.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P

Because that's like comparing the M1 Carbine to the M1 Garand.

IC B2

I
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
I am a little surprised that the BHP does not get at least as much consideration as the 1911, as far as serious fighting pistols.

Military warfare isn't about fighting with pistols. The M1 Carbine was an excellent substitute for any pistol. Be it chambered for .45ACP or 9mm Luger.

Most pistol ammo was fired from a submachine gun, not a pistol. In which any advantage the 45 would have over the 9 is a moot point.

Above all the wounded don't care whether they were shot with a 9mm or a 45. And neither would a combat Medic trying to keep a wounded soldier alive.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by P_Weed

Because that's like comparing the M1 Carbine to the M1 Garand.

More along the lines of the Garand to the M14 (same design lineage; increased capacity vs lighter slightly less powerful in military form round, both seriously battle proven, etc.).

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
R
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
R
If one likes the p35, one has to look at it's son, the cz line of pistola's. Same lockup as the highpower, with double/single action, decockers on some, and larger mag capacity.
I have always liked hipowers, but these cz's are getting really fascinating to me. Oh, and no mag safety.
He was sure looking at some older guns when these were designed:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CZ_75

Last edited by RoninPhx; 06/19/15.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
The nicest, most reliable, and best shooting nine I ever owned was a Walther P88. It rusted every single day.

Best is subjective, but if you're gonna actually use it...Glock all the way.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I bought a G19 a little while ago to see what all the fuss was about, and I'd have to say people are right.

It's ugly.
It's simple.
It shoots great.

I'm going to have to start laying in 9mm ammo while it's cheep, and the government isn't taking it away to the FEMA camps.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
…. It rusted every single day...

"I trusted" or "It rusted"???????
:-)

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
RUSTED. Going in and out of air conditioning and living in humid climate, it rusted every day. No way I would carry that.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Don't know about best. But I've had an XD-9 since 2005 (between Katrina and Rita). I like it a lot. Have often considered tripping it and getting a HP, 92 or 75 for sometime now. I've put about 1.5k rounds through it and it has NOT had a single firing, extracting or feeding issue in the last 10 years. Only issue I've discovered a year or two ago (playing those run and gun games), is when it's cold outside and the handgun is cold too, the polymer shrinks a little bit and the magazine doesn't free-fall from the gun. It needs to be yanked out.

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JOG
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
Sssshhh!!! You'll let out the secret and destroy internet websites all over the world! It's always been the Indian and not the arrow, but as you note, folks love to get emotionally attached to their arrows... whistle

Beware the Indian with the best arrow.

I've shot in many matches where Indians have brought far superior arrows to a match and wonder why they didn't win. It happens. There was a time when I thought I needed the best arrow, some learn others look for new arrows laugh

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by RGK
I have a sentimental attachment to a Beretta 92 after carrying one as a cop and Soldier, but this is my favorite now...always liked a BHP. Now that I'm retired I can carry and shoot whatever I want. I think the great lesson I've learned is that any service-type pistol, if it's reliable, will do. But it's fun to argue.
Bob

[Linked Image]

Like that Browning, Bob.. even more with that wrong-handed safety installed.

Very clean. Thanks for the pic.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
I have no idea how "Best" would be defined nor determined……Glocks are obviously the 800 lb. Gorilla in the marketplace……..I won this FNS at Hornady's Zombie shoot a few weeks ago:
[Linked Image]

….has the slide length of the G-19 and the grip of the G-17 with 17 round mags. Comes with 3 mags and has a much nicer trigger than any stock Glock and fits almost perfectly in a S&W M&P holster that I had…..so far I like it…..am taking it to a John Farnam class next week and will see how it handles concentrated shooting.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
Page 10 of 10 1 2 8 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

88 members (10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 35, Akhutr, 7x57Hunter, 10Glocks, 8 invisible), 1,575 guests, and 731 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,563
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.