-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
just got back from an initial sighting in session with the new-to-me RSI that I put a Skinner sight on with a NECG partridge blade.

Really nicely done sight. Very sleek and elegant. Much more befitting a No.1 than a NECG peep (which I have absolutely nothing against--I have two).

Didn't need to file the front sight yet. Shooting 175 RN at about 2500-ish. You can see the difference between the included aperture (.125", IIRC) and the ghost ring resulting from removing the aperture. I believe they make 5 different sizes. I think the 'ghost ring' setup may be the cat's ass for hunting...we'll see.

Still working on a load and I need to paint the front blade a lighter color. I'm not going for 'groups' on this rifle. I just want to be able to consistently hit vital area at 200 yds and under. Bottom photo was first three shots off a bag at 100 yds after the sight in.

[Linked Image]

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
BTW, you may have noticed the stock rear sight is removed. I didn't care for the look of it, AT ALL, with the slim Skinner sight on there so I drifted it out. Haven't got around to ordering some kind of blank for it yet...don't know if I will.

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for the pics. That's an interesting option. I put a NECG on my .458, but have not shot it a lot, yet.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I never liked the way that windage is adjusted on the Skinner. Always wondered why they chose to do it that way rather than how their other sites adjust. I see NECG now offers theirs in the same style as the CZ version they have offered for years.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Ghost ring that sucka and roll. Excellent set up there.

laugh

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

F
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
F
Great pics mojo.......dang you.....now I want another RSI......and do NOT need it either.....

nice set up!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Just curious. How hard was it to get the rib screws out?

I considered the Skinner after seeing one on some guy's 336, but I want to be able to use a scope too, so would likely go for the NECG. The Skinners do look very nice.

What fresh Hell is this?
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
Serial number puts this as a late '99 to early '00.

Those rib screws were TIGHT! Starting twisting the Allen wrench. eek I soaked them in penetrating oil over night and they popped right loose.

I do agree with Ed's take on the windage setup. I eyeballed mine centered and luckily it's right on so I don't have to mess with it...yet.

So far, so good.

BTW, I started out this morning with the fastest 757 in the world...2900+ with 175'ers out of a 20" tube. Finally set up the Chrono in the shade and 'lost' 500 fps... laugh

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by EdM
I never liked the way that windage is adjusted on the Skinner. Always wondered why they chose to do it that way rather than how their other sites adjust.

Same here, I was going to try one on my 1A until I saw the windage adjustment; the words Mickey Mouse come to mind.

'Four legs good, two legs baaaad."
----------------------------------------------
"Jimmy, some of it's magic,
Some of it's tragic,
But I had a good life all the way."
(Jimmy Buffett)

SotG
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
What height front sight did you order from NECG?
I just got a Lipseys Limited Run Ruger 77 S.S. RSI 30-06 from my wife for my B`DAY and have thought about keeping it un scoped but the LITTLE bead factory sight won`t work for these OLD EYES!
I wish Ruger would use the sight inserts the use on the
Guide Gun model they sell!
Or I could buy them myself and install them.
AMRA

Molan Labe

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

623 members (10gaugemag, 1Akshooter, 007FJ, 1936M71, 10Glocks, 16penny, 57 invisible), 2,366 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,253
Posts18,466,977
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.