-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
If I wanted a very, very accurate 22LR I'd buy an Anschutz 54 and a McMillan stock.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by deflave
If I wanted a very, very accurate 22LR I'd buy an Anschutz 54 and a McMillan stock.

Travis

Me too,and all day long if I could find them for $700.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
savage mk2 with a 20 inch bull barrel and norma match-22 ammo
10 shot 1/2 inch groups at 50yds all day long
got a sightron s1h 3-9x40 on it
centerfire hunting scope
not a fancy fine reticle target scope at all(which I have been thinking about at times)
have maybe a total of 350 into the rifle
225 for the rifle and 100 for the scope(which came off my muzzle loader) and a set of cheap leupold rifleman rings

I have yet to shoot rws r50 or r100
but the norma tac 22 and the match 22 are the rws target rifle and rifle match rounds
lots of ammo made by ruag group in Germany is very accurate stuff and they make ammo for a bunch of different companies and brands
my limit for a box of ammo is about 8.50-10.00 for "top shelf stuff"
if you spend more the groups get smaller........
put about 10-12 ounces of fishing sinkers stuffed in walmart bags in the buttstock if you get a plastic stocked one for it to settle in better shooting off a bench
and a better center of gravity carrying while hunting

that's your less than 250.00 dollar rifle that will run with the "big dogs"

fire one fouler before shooting a group

been proved to print up and to the right between 3/4ths of inch to 1.5 inch on that clean shot depending on the ammo
on 2 mk2,s with the same ammo at numerous range sessions

just saying.......................................

Last edited by renegade50; 06/24/15.
G
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
G
In addition to the above excellent suggestions, I would add the target rifles of yore. A BSA Martini M12, 12/15, or 15 can be had in that price range and you would find accuracy to be better than most of the targets pictured above. One can also find an old 20's-30's vintage M52A Winchester for that kind of money, albeit probably in need of cosmetic renovation, that would offer a level of accuracy bettered by few modern offerings. Both of these suggestions are a tad weighty, but a little customization can bring them into the realm of all day carry-ability.

Last edited by gnoahhh; 06/24/15.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Whilst over the $700 limit ... I have been looking at Browning 52's. I think they are some handsome rifles. Be a rifle I'd really like to have ... but there are many many other rifles in front of this need wink and with their prices still going up, it may be awhile.

George
Associate Gypsy
Order of Sleepless Knights

Originally Posted by GOD
... That is when I carried you ...
IC B2

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Travis

I missed the $700 part.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Travis is right on the 54. Just a little more expensive. I have a couple on the 64 action that you can find used under 700. If you look. Not quite as accurate as the 54's but easier to carry in the field. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
Originally Posted by R_H_Clark

Travis

I missed the $700 part.

Travis

Well,at least you know what's accurate.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Anschutz all the way, baby. I've had Coopers and Win 52's and still have a bunch of lower end rifles, which I really enjoy for plinking and ventilating various vermin. But the Annie's I have are an order of magnitude above the rest with regards to accuracy. $700 probably won't get you one, but save your money for awhile - it's worth the wait.

Regards,

Tom
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C

Travis

Flave that's crazy talk.... [Linked Image]

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That looks an awful lot like Annie 54. I have a 201 Mauser and a Kleinguenther k22 that shoots real well. But they also exceed the 700.00 limit. Hasbeen

hasbeen
(Better a has been than a never was!)

NRA Patron member
Try to live your life where the preacher doesn't have to lie at your funeral
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Lots out there if you go used, Remington's Winchesters (beat up) Some Mossberg's can be exceptional. I owned a BSA Martini Model 12, it would outshoot most anything. They are in your price range as well. Sako is another but you have to be lucky at your price. Annie's are without a doubt good to good but again money. The CZ's can be phenomenal, I now have a 452 Silhouette in a Boyds stock and it will shoot 1/4" at 50 more often than not. The 10/22 can be anything you can afford to build.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Certifiable

Flave that's crazy talk....

You're a dirty pirate hooker for buying that rifle.

Travis

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Certifiable

Flave that's crazy talk....

You're a dirty pirate hooker for buying that rifle.

Travis

I imagine there could be worse things .... smile ... nice looking rig

George
Associate Gypsy

Originally Posted by GOD
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Thanks Av... It works well. I planned on willing it to mini-flave but his dad maintains a strictly CZ household..

She never made it past the bedroom door, what was she aiming for...?
She's gone shootin..
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Originally Posted by tominboise
Anschutz all the way, baby. I've had Coopers and Win 52's and still have a bunch of lower end rifles, which I really enjoy for plinking and ventilating various vermin. But the Annie's I have are an order of magnitude above the rest with regards to accuracy. $700 probably won't get you one, but save your money for awhile - it's worth the wait.

The Cooper has a 1/4" at 50 yard guarantee. I dont know anyone else with such a guarantee. Correct me if I am wrong on Cooper or anyone else. I dont have a Cooper, but; I wish I did.

I do have a 64 type Anschutz and it wont eject empties with a scope mounted. This is apparently an on going long term problem with both 54 and 64 series gun "IF" you use a scope. The customer service dept can fix. Unbelievable for $$$ to have this a routine issue. NIB guns. And, yes, I understand the 1416 is less than cost than a Cooper. If I had that scratch I would itch a Cooper over any 54 Annie. For the looks, guarantee and balanced carry. And they work. Heck everybody else can build a 22 the load, shoots and ejects.

My Anschutz 1416 and CZ 453 are both shooting about the same, sub 0.5 but not 0.25 at 50 for 5 shots. Real numbers, not a cliche. I am still playing with both. I think for a sporter/field gun the Annie is way over rated. They are on the heavy side. The CZ American handles better, shoots the same. The 1416 has a better fit & finish and better trigger. I have to tip it sideways to dump the empties. Ridiculous! Cool sounding name though.

For my 4c. To carry all day and hunt, the Ruger American. For combined range and field, under $700 the old CZ 453 or 452 American. For the big money, the Cooper. For Olympic shooting a full blown custom Anschutz probably makes good sense.

V
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
V
Since we are discussing rifles way over the OP's budget, how about a Sako Finnfire II / Quad.....I have owned several of these and they were all very accurate though over budget just like many of the other rifles mentioned.......If money were no object I would buy a Cooper 57 and forget about it, Annie's are accurate and have many fans but they are too unreliable for My taste.........Hb

P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
P
[Linked Image]

You wanna buy you a Browning A Bolt. Full sized .22LR, mimics a centerfire. Amazing accuracy, smooth, and good looking.

[Linked Image]

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Nice looking rifle

George
Associate Gypsy

Originally Posted by GOD
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by 260Remguy
Winchester 52 Sporter, either an original New Haven Winchester or one of the Japanese reproductions. Remington 40x sporters are another expensive option, if you can even find one for sale.

The Winchester 52 B Sporter in the Japanese reproduction is one tack driving 22, if you can find the ammo it likes. The cost will not be anywhere near the originals.

Steve

“Alive in JESUS!”
NRA LIFE MEMBER

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

544 members (1beaver_shooter, 02bfishn, 160user, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 16penny, 56 invisible), 2,408 guests, and 1,155 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,222
Posts18,466,471
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.