Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I meant this to be the non "glamour" game. No Big Five, Mount Nyala, bongo, LD Eland, Menilik's Bush buck and that sort of thing. I'm thinking more of game that you can take without a $50k safari.

My list has Chobe and Limpopo bushbuck on it. Mountain Zebra and Vaal Rhebok.

How about you?

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
GB1

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Mountain Zebra, White Tailed Gnu, Tommie, and always, always more warties and impalas..

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Tiger fishing. Been needing to do this again and get some time set aside and dedicated for it .

I've actually sorting out some details on this now, or just recently. Seems like a Houseboat rental on the Kariba is the ticket. But I still have yet to find a house boat to live on with a skiff to fish from. It's coming........ I know lots of people in Africa!

Ha Ha..... never saw this coming huh!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
R
RGK Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I'd like to get a nice gemsbuck and a kudu...everything else would be a bonus.
Bob

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well Mr. RGK, you need to PM me then and I will get you both of those with all the bonuses you can handle!

When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
IC B2

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
I think it would be great fun to go to the Karoo region of SA, with my .257 Weatherby, and take a grand slam of Springbok!

I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than living as a puppet or a slave....
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
The Karoo is just THE place for your .257 Weatherby. Long shots and some days lost of wind. No cover to stalk effectively so the game can see you from a long way off, ...and they know why you are there!

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JJHACK
Tiger fishing. Been needing to do this again and get some time set aside and dedicated for it .

I've actually sorting out some details on this now, or just recently. Seems like a Houseboat rental on the Kariba is the ticket. !

My Zambian buddy Johnny Du Plooy has taken me down to Kariba on a houseboat just for an afternoon of Tiger Fishing. They hit bait like a hand grenade. Big fun that I'd love to be able to do again and for more than one day.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I've tried 5 times for a Common Reedbuck and have never seen one that I felt that I wanted.
And I'm with jorge1, more Warthogs.

A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Kudu, bushbuck. Bushbuck, kudu...

IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Lets go in April/ May I'm planning this now for my wife and I, lets do it

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Bucket List!

One Cape Buffalo
One more Kudu
One Water Buck
One Black Wildebeast
One Red Hartebeast
One Wart Hog
One Eland

That should do it.

donsm70

Life Member...Safari Club International
Life Member...Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
Life Member...Keystone Country Elk Alliance
Life Member...National Rifle Association
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
ROAN!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Chobe bushbuck, Kafue lechwe, Sable, and Puku.

It would seem I need to go to Zambia. grin

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by JJHACK
Lets go in April/ May I'm planning this now for my wife and I, lets do it

Baseball season is the limiting factor for those months, unless I don't get a team next year... smile frown

hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
ROAN!

Yeah, roan and sable are magnificent.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Sable or whatever is around the next bend.

I am continually astounded at how quickly people make up their minds on little evidence or none at all.
Jack O'Connor
hatari Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by FOsteology
Chobe bushbuck, Kafue lechwe, Sable, and Puku.

It would seem I need to go to Zambia. grin

You can meet Jim and I at Lake Kariba. I got the beer. smile

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Big kudu, eland, and more big kudu, another mountain zebra, more big kudu...... I'm hopelessly addicted.......

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
M
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
M
My main focus will remain more leopard and bigger buff, so in those pursuits I can pick up the other game I want to hunt.
Kudu, although I have no kudu luck!
Sable
Chobe bushbuck
Roan
Lessor kudu

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

233 members (257_X_50, 300_savage, 338reddog, 1_deuce, 260Remguy, 10gaugemag, 29 invisible), 2,222 guests, and 1,102 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,479
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.