-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
ive shot 20+ deer with Grim reaper mechs, broad side, quarter away, quarter to, straight on, never had one go over 50yards, had a few take 3-4 steps and fall over with blood shooting out like a horror movie, for whitetails/muleys/antelope i would use nothing else.

I kill chit. "The Heathens nest"
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by centershot
Muzzy 90gr 4-Blade. Elk, Mule deer and Antelope. Have taken 1/2 dz bulls and twice that many mule deer and a handfull of antelope with them on various arrows over the last 20 years. I have changed bows, arrows, nearly everything else but the broadheads have remained constant. I consider them the Nosler Partition of broadheads - there is new shinny (expensive) stuff every year but these get the job done and are proven. No need for me to change.

Centershot, are these the bh`s you are using?
http://www.mountain-archery.com/muzzy4bladebroadheads.aspx

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
You fellas remember the old Dan Fitzgerald hunting shows? "Em muzzies is still sharp" what a load that guy was. I did always liked that they came with the practice blades. I'd say Bear Razorheads are more like Partitions, Muzzy's are Accubonds.

But, like bullets, most work just fine.

G
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
G
Muzzy Phantoms for me, mostly cause the 220 gr. ones match my 225 gr. field points and they are stainless. I like to be weatherproof when I camp out in the elk woods.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 16bore
You fellas remember the old Dan Fitzgerald hunting shows? "Em muzzies is still sharp" what a load that guy was. I did always liked that they came with the practice blades. I'd say Bear Razorheads are more like Partitions, Muzzy's are Accubonds.

But, like bullets, most work just fine.
I do! I remember him shooting a mouse, INSIDE the cabin with his bow.

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Mojo,
Those viper tricks are the best penetrating broad heads I've ever used or seen used by my hunters.

Been a slick trick fan since the first version on the market a long long time ago. Gary really nailed the designs with this viper trick. The Cut on contact head design although not much visually, it a significant improvement on bigger game or with lighter draw weights. I've had them zip through every single time, even on wild hogs.

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Originally Posted by USMC2602
100gr G5 Montecs. Whitetail and black bear.

X2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by JJHACK
Mojo,
Those viper tricks are the best penetrating broad heads I've ever used or seen used by my hunters.

Been a slick trick fan since the first version on the market a long long time ago. Gary really nailed the designs with this viper trick. The Cut on contact head design although not much visually, it a significant improvement on bigger game or with lighter draw weights. I've had them zip through every single time, even on wild hogs.

That's good to hear!

I must say, as a retuning newbie to bow hunting on first glance that broad head looked waay too small to be effective on big game. That's why I do research, though, and all the pics and testimonials can't be wrong! laugh

Sure hope I get a chance to add to those tales here in about a month...

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
How long you been away? Its been 10+ years for me. Schit is over the top, and I'm looking at midrange stuff.

But liking the odds...

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Last time for me was 20 yrs ago as a teen in WI. Had an old Indian if you remember those! blush

Getting back into it was a little intimating with all the new tech and gewgaws. I recognized that there was just as much hype in archery as any hobby so did a LOT of research to find something higher than entry level without going all out on a 'flagship' bow.

I also read enough to know a lot of guys were still harvesting a lot of deer with bows several years old or more so I knew I didn't have to have the latest and greatest (or buy a new one every couple of years).

I will say my Drive LT is far easier to shoot accurately than I thought it would be. I anticipated a really steep learning curve but I was pleasanty surprised how accurate and easy to shoot it's been (obviously, I can always improve).

There's definitely something very challenging and satisfying about shooting a bow. My rifles are just too easy!

It ain't what you don't know that makes you an idiot...it's what you know for certain, that just ain't so...

Most people don't want to believe the truth~they want the truth to be what they believe.

Stupidity has no average...
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I'm finding that the best way (for me) is to have a "700, ADL, 30-06, 3x9 Leupold, 150 CorLokts" attitude to avoid the burnout like I've had dinking with rifles. I KNOW how easy it is to get wrapped up in it, and 5 minutes on archery talk will do it.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Muzzy Trocar. Elk

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Ramcats....they fly dart/mechanical like in all my bows and crossbows, but cut big on entry like a non-mech, penetrate and handle bone well. Use some rage, also.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Muzzy Mx3 100grain is what I use for whitetail

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Wensel Woodsmans and Magnus Stinger 4 blades - 150gr

"There is no excellance in Archery without great labor".
Maurice Thompson 1879

Nothing clears a troubled mind better than shooting a bow.
Fred Bear
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
100 grain NAP Hellrazors have blown clean through my last 3 elk.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SCRUBS
Originally Posted by centershot
Muzzy 90gr 4-Blade. Elk, Mule deer and Antelope. Have taken 1/2 dz bulls and twice that many mule deer and a handfull of antelope with them on various arrows over the last 20 years. I have changed bows, arrows, nearly everything else but the broadheads have remained constant. I consider them the Nosler Partition of broadheads - there is new shinny (expensive) stuff every year but these get the job done and are proven. No need for me to change.

Centershot, are these the bh`s you are using?
http://www.mountain-archery.com/muzzy4bladebroadheads.aspx

Those are the ones - just sent one through this guy Sunday morning. Went through him so fast, he looked up the hill at the clang the arrow made when it hit beyond him. Then he just walked off about 40 yards and dropped over dead. I never did find my arrow - not sure how far it went after passing through him. [Linked Image]

Last edited by centershot; 09/14/15.

A true sportsman counts his achievements in proportion to the effort involved and fairness of the sport. - S. Pope
K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Grim Reapers!! Shot Muzzy"s for years and they killed a bunch of deer,had my local bow shop convince me to try Grim Reapers and I aint goin BACK!!! They KILL like nothin I ever seen!!

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You shooting the regular 1-3/8" cut or the whitetail version? I've been shooting Slick Tricks for years with no issues but I do have some Reapers I've been thinking of trying.

K
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
K
Whitetail's. They will kill like nothin you ever seen!!!

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

634 members (19rabbit52, 1badf350, 007FJ, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 1936M71, 64 invisible), 2,604 guests, and 1,263 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,689
Posts18,456,511
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.