Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He makes several good points, though his piece isn't about the flag. Also, he could at least get the facts about where the flag is flying in SC straight. It isn't over the state capital. It's on the Confederate War Memorial. Further, simply extend his logic about why the flag should not be flown on government property to the Stars & Stripes as it pertains to the internment of Japanese Americans and Native Americans (among others), and it's pretty clear that if one flag "should go", the other should as well.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
amen
Originally Posted by 4ager
He makes several good points, though his piece isn't about the flag. Also, he could at least get the facts about where the flag is flying in SC straight. It isn't over the state capital. It's on the Confederate War Memorial. Further, simply extend his logic about why the flag should not be flown on government property to the Stars & Stripes as it pertains to the internment of Japanese Americans and Native Americans (among others), and it's pretty clear that if one flag "should go", the other should as well.

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
the stars and bars is not flying in SC by the way

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Those who want to tear down these flags and all the monuments are looking for a race war.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Those who want to tear down these flags and all the monuments are looking for a race war.

Finally. Somebody gets it.
Paul B.

Our forefathers did not politely protest the British.They did not vote them out of office, nor did they impeach the king,march on the capitol or ask permission for their rights. ----------------They just shot them.
MOLON LABE
R
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by 4ager....[S
imply extend his logic about why the flag should not be flown on government property to the Stars & Stripes as it pertains to the internment of Japanese Americans and Native Americans (among others), and it's pretty clear that if one flag "should go", the other should as well.

The difference is the stars and bars is a symbol of an unconstitutional rebellion which, at its core, was the very anti-thesis of the principles of liberty upon which this nation was founded (it sought to justify as a positive moral good owning other human beings as if they were cattle). The Founders looked upon slavery as a necessary evil entailed upon the Constitution (and upon them) by circumstances largely outside their control. When the United States has fallen short of our ideals (eg., as with the internment of Japanese citizens in WWII) we did not hail the result as a positive moral good. It was more along the lines of a necessary evil. So, whereas the United States has sometimes erred in the application of principles of liberty (as Japanese internment shows) that is very different from rejecting those principles altogether as in the justification of human slavery as an ideal, as a positive moral good, which is what the South did.

In the one hand, the United States has been imperfect in living up to its principles; in the other the South rejected those principles altogether.

Jordan

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

96 members (Akhutr, Algotguns, Bama_Sleeper, 10Glocks, 7x57Hunter, Berksbowman, 10 invisible), 1,552 guests, and 864 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,492
Posts18,452,234
Members73,901
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.