Campfire Oracle
S
It began July 4th, 1776

[Linked Image]

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
When liberals discovered their best weapon was to poison the impressionable minds of our children, using the public school system as indoctrination camps for their twisted beliefs...

Proud NRA Life Member
P
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
P
My current favorite answer regarding the US is the passage of the 16th Amendment (which actually is the real, legal definition of the US), as that was the point where the Constitution was explicitly modified to sanction the violation of 8th Commandment. I think we've been under plain judgment ever since. Hard to say that's "the start", though, because it obviously had precursors. On the largest scale, IT has always been. Below is The Greatest Poem Ever Written.... This says it all.

The Gods of the Copybook Headings, by Rudyard Kipling

AS I PASS through my incarnations in every age and race,
I make my proper prostrations to the Gods of the Market Place.
Peering through reverent fingers I watch them flourish and fall,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings, I notice, outlast them all.

We were living in trees when they met us. They showed us each in turn
That Water would certainly wet us, as Fire would certainly burn:
But we found them lacking in Uplift, Vision and Breadth of Mind,
So we left them to teach the Gorillas while we followed the March of Mankind.

We moved as the Spirit listed. They never altered their pace,
Being neither cloud nor wind-borne like the Gods of the Market Place,
But they always caught up with our progress, and presently word would come
That a tribe had been wiped off its icefield, or the lights had gone out in Rome.

With the Hopes that our World is built on they were utterly out of touch,
They denied that the Moon was Stilton; they denied she was even Dutch;
They denied that Wishes were Horses; they denied that a Pig had Wings;
So we worshipped the Gods of the Market Who promised these beautiful things.

When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."

On the first Feminian Sandstones we were promised the Fuller Life
(Which started by loving our neighbour and ended by loving his wife)
Till our women had no more children and the men lost reason and faith,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "The Wages of Sin is Death."

In the Carboniferous Epoch we were promised abundance for all,
By robbing selected Peter to pay for collective Paul;
But, though we had plenty of money, there was nothing our money could buy,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "If you don't work you die."

Then the Gods of the Market tumbled, and their smooth-tongued wizards withdrew
And the hearts of the meanest were humbled and began to believe it was true
That All is not Gold that Glitters, and Two and Two make Four
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings limped up to explain it once more.

As it will be in the future, it was at the birth of Man
There are only four things certain since Social Progress began.
That the Dog returns to his Vomit and the Sow returns to her Mire,
And the burnt Fool's bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the Fire;

And that after this is accomplished, and the brave new world begins
When all men are paid for existing and no man must pay for his sins,
As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn,
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by stikshooter
Originally Posted by gunner500
No, it started with that horse faced dead f-uk lincoln.

THIS..... I truly believe that is when it started.

Me too.
But at a gentle slope slide until 60's hippie commiefagjunkies.
Then fast slope until clinton.
Now over the edge of the cliff and in free fall.

BAN THE RAINBOW FLAG!
PERVERTS OFFEND ME!

"When is penguin season, daddy? I wanna go kill a penguin!"
---- 4 yr old Archerhuntress

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Wilson.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

G
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
G
The so called turn in my opinion started with the depression when family could no longer take care of and protect it kids, and furthered along with the post WW2 era when mothers were no longer home carers but factory workers and the like.

Morals disappeared with the inability of a family to make a living on a single wage!

Phil

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Salmonella
When liberals discovered their best weapon was to poison the impressionable minds of our children, using the public school system as indoctrination camps for their twisted beliefs...
Which would not be effective or possible until the Bible and prayer were removed.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by antlers
Originally Posted by RickyD
My pick is 1962 when the court began taking the Bible out of the classroom.

I'm glad that there's nobody in the schools today teaching the kids that the Earth is 6,000 years old, or that dinosaurs went on the Ark with Noah. The kids here are 'already' being indoctrinated with plenty of bull$ch!t as it is.
You have a really good imagination. You must read lots of DC and Marvel offerings. I don't recall those things, or really anything being taught from the Bible. There was daily prayer, but it was short and plain vanilla.

I'll guess you're much happier now to have stories like "Bobby has two mommies" being taught to second graders, so when they grow up in the perverted world you and I have left them, they will be tolerant and not troubled when their kids are having sex with their pets.

I sent my kids to Christian school so they wouldn't have to deal with the failure of conservatives. They know the world is not 6K years old, there was an Ark but no dino's in attendance. So do I.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Nobody knows "when" cancer starts only that it is there, some can be dealt with and some can't. Question is, which kind does this Nation have?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Having lost both my parents and sister in law to cancer, the key is once you know you have it, cut it out. If you wait to long, you're a gonner.

Looking at society at large, I'm thinking the cancer has spread far and wide.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Salmonella
Which would not be effective or possible until the Bible and prayer were removed.

Well...even the presence of The Bible and prayer in 'churches' doesn't make them (churches) bastions of morality. Ted Haggard, Jimmy Swaggart, Jim and Tammy Fay, etc. ad nauseum. Makin' a kid participate in a prayer before he eats lunch in the school cafeteria ain't a cure-all for the nations ills.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by 458 Lott
....., it's a good vs. evil thing.

I second that. That's what I am seeing.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
It sounds like you believe your world would be much better off without Christ's sacrifice. I doubt that would be true for the real world.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My pick is 1962 when the court began taking the Bible out of the classroom.

The kids here are 'already' being indoctrinated with plenty of bull$ch!t as it is.

I'll guess you're much happier now to have stories like "Bobby has two mommies" being taught to second graders, so when they grow up in the perverted world you and I have left them, they will be tolerant and not troubled when their kids are having sex with their pets.

Bull$ch!t indoctrination is bull$ch!t indoctrination...whether it's promoting fairy tales or promoting gay agenda.
None of it belongs in the schools.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Some want to think that this once great nation became great inspite of it being founded as a Christian nation. They are sadly wrong as this country swings to their godless ways, it will continue to crumble.

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hotload
Originally Posted by curdog4570
The step downward on the slippery slope that put us past the point where recovery was possible.

We had a choice between a War Hero and a Draft Dodger A potential third choice was arguably the most astute businessman in the country.

We chose the Draft Dodger because the War Hero had lied to us about not raising taxes.

And the Draft Dodger kept telling us; "It's the economy, Stupid".

There has not even been one step upward made since then.

Just scrambling in loose shale.

curdog - been thinking about that a lot this week. Had Ross Perot not run then George H.W.Bush would have beat the Draft Dodger,
the name Clinton would mean nothing and no one would be talking about Hildog in 2016.

And now SCOTUS hits us hard, twice, this week. Damn !!!

The Electoral College votes don't back up the tired old " If Perot hadn't run.... " claim.

But, if all the "conservatives" had voted their conscience, Perot would have won and ended the business as usual crowd in D.C.

I voted for him.

Did you?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It sounds like you believe your world would be much better off without Christ's sacrifice.

I think the kids and their impressionable young minds would be better off without being indoctrinated by 'any' agenda while they're at school...whether it's your agenda, or the gay agenda, or any other agenda.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
None of it belongs in the schools.
And it's not in schools anymore. Look how far we've gone as a nation since. A very long way: straight down. Happy?

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
It sounds like you believe your world would be much better off without Christ's sacrifice.

I think the kids and their impressionable young minds would be better off without being indoctrinated by 'any' agenda while they're at school...whether it's your agenda, or the gay agenda, or any other agenda.
Obscure the truth, no matter the cost. You'd make a great progressive lieberal!

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Obscure the truth, no matter the cost. You'd make a great progressive lieberal!

Good God, could you be more in line with what the gov't wants? They don't care which side of this bullschit argument you argue, only that you argue it and not THINK.

You've determined that this empire no longer represents you, correct? So, what next?

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

567 members (2003and2013, 10Glocks, 222Sako, 163bc, 16Racing, 1badf350, 60 invisible), 2,537 guests, and 1,328 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,674
Posts18,456,109
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.