Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Back several months, we had a thread about Keurig machines. I was up visiting my daughter last week, and she has a brand new one. As usual, I brought my little red reuseable plastic pod, and my own coffee blend.
Whoops, it would not work. I got a message on the display saying that was not acceptable.
Wound up with no coffee that morning, and I was NOT pleased. I looked that issue up on Google, and what a surprise. Keurig, not satisfied with taking your money up front, has engineered their new machines to not accept anything but a LICENSED Keurig pod.
Well! I sent them a rather nasty email about their business practices, and got a tongue in cheek reply from them yesterday.
They admit that making their machines operate with just their propriatary pods was a mistake. They are working on a fix, and should have a solution by...............by the Christmas shopping season!
I stopped at a local store this morning, and bought a Stanley camping steel vacuum thermos, that doubles as a French Press. Screw 'em.

Sam......

GB1

E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I came close to buying one for the place here in Idaho. Hate using the old coffee maker.

Conduct is the best proof of character.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
There's a fix Mannlicher, search youtube. Something simple like putting a small piece of electrical tape somewhere, or something.....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Try this Sam. It works.

Mike

Know fat, know flavor. No fat, no flavor.

I tried going vegan, but then realized it was a big missed steak.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
the fix involves cutting the little edge strip off a 'legal' pod, and taping that onto your pod. Too much work, and the French Press will work fine.

Sam......

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by BOWHUNR
Try this Sam. It works.

Yep, that's it. Remembered it was simple the first time I ran across the video...

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have the same keurig, the 2.0 or whatever it is. I have seen another fix that involves putting a small magnet inside of the area the k-cup is placed. I have not tried it though.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Not much different than auto mfrs going to $300.00 keys for their vehicles. They know people lose their keys.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RickyD
Not much different than auto mfrs going to $300.00 keys for their vehicles. They know people lose their keys.
the fix as a bit different though Ricky. I will just use the French Press, and buy NO pods again. Heck, I only have one cup each morning anyway.

Sam......

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
We are on our 2nd Keurig. When the 1st one malfunctioned my wife called customer service, they determined it couldn't be fixed over the phone. A new unit arrived the next day at no charge. We like it alot. My wife likes her coffee and drinks different from mine and it gives great flexibility.

mike r

Don't wish it were easier
Wish you were better

Stab them in the taint, you can't put a tourniquet on that.
Craig Douglas ECQC
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have always stuck with the old style of keurig machine.
Love them, order from Keurig Company in fact to get the different coffees. Have a portable that I take on trips.

Next new machine is the cold machine. To make cokes and stuff like that from a pod. Not out yet, but soon.
People who like this type coffee might want to look up the companies web site and look at the hundreds of flavors of coffee. I have tried regular to stout. None of the what I call fo-fo coffee.
Waiting on an order of diet ice tea as we speak.
Take the Yeti (30oz) cup that some don't like on this site, fill it full of ice, brew 12 oz of tea, dump into Yeti, put the lid on and drink that all day long and it stays cold the whole day.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Wtxj

Take the Yeti (30oz) cup that some don't like on this site, fill it full of ice, brew 12 oz of tea, dump into Yeti, put the lid on and drink that all day long and it stays cold the whole day.

Why would people not like the Yeti cup?

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
I drink tea too quickly to need a Yeti cup at what, $50 bucks?

Sam......

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I think some people are on more of a budget than me. I guess.
Was a discussion last year, the old boy that's a guide, hunts in Mexico and is a fireman up in Colorado, got one and said how much he like it. Some got on board the thread and said it was too expensive. So heck I went to Cabala's and bought a Yeti mug just cause. Now my wife even has one, she takes it to work each morning filled with Keurig teas. Hell of a deal. cool

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Well, I use a french press, $ 20 and a thermometer $ 10 That it! Works well and you can do other things with the press too! I have a friend who is a big EPA guy, he has one, I asked about all that plastic he is using just for a cup of coffee, He could not answer me with a straight face, then again he more or less became a communist so its no surprise to me! As for the Keurig, I would never buy one but I don't care if anybody else dose! Just as I don't care if your taste in guns are different from mine!

"Any idiot can face a crisis,it's the day-to-day living that wears you out."

Anton Chekhov

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
I drink tea too quickly to need a Yeti cup at what, $50 bucks?

39.95 plus sales tax.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
sam

i bring my keurigs back to bed bath and beyond whenever the ybreak and they exchange for a new one...no recepit necessary

"Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered."
― George Orwell, 1984
A
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A
Originally Posted by Wtxj
I think some people are on more of a budget than me. I guess.
Was a discussion last year, the old boy that's a guide, hunts in Mexico and is a fireman up in Colorado, got one and said how much he like it. Some got on board the thread and said it was too expensive. So heck I went to Cabala's and bought a Yeti mug just cause. Now my wife even has one, she takes it to work each morning filled with Keurig teas. Hell of a deal. cool

I hear ya, and I understand. But there are some things that are worth spending a few extra coins for. If it's quality and lives up to its claims, then to me, it was a good expenditure.

And I certainly trust Drummond's word.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
the fix involves cutting the little edge strip off a 'legal' pod, and taping that onto your pod. Too much work, and the French Press will work fine.

I have seen some just make a washer that goes on your pos and it works.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
the problem is an infrared scanner in the machine, that works with special ink on the cover of the pod. Just a blank washer around the top of the pod won't work

Sam......

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

613 members (160user, 10Glocks, 1beaver_shooter, 10gaugemag, 1lessdog, 06hunter59, 67 invisible), 2,741 guests, and 1,206 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,256
Posts18,467,037
Members73,925
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.