-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Jeff, if it's photoshopped, LaRue did that, not me. That picture is directly off their website.

GB1

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Very interesting.

And obviously some of our differences in opinion come from different angles as noted.

Some just want to buy the best basically, and shoot, thats where top line companies come in, the ones I kind of consider ripoffs in a way, but they serve a niche. Like La Rue, if I wanted caps, bumper stickers, seasoning salt, bottle openers and the like I can buy them seperately, I don't want all that built up in my price.

I prefer to research what I want for the most part, and then "order" it built that way.

But I hear ya Ricky, my years and years smith, John Holliger, has a bit on his website or did, about if you want this and that rail and bling and so on, go somewhere else, its not what I do.

Heck for 200 bucks a ready to go barrel, as long as its 1.5 moa or less and lasts 4000 rounds, is as good a deal as any, I don't think you can get a wilson tube for under 200 anymore would be my bet.

But back to customer service when i ask, I want an answer, not a smart azz remark telling me basically how dumb I am, and how smart you are, when you have NO clue what I want, need or will do with something. Heck I might not even know those answers so you DAMN sure don't. Sours me on something really quickly.

The only thing worse is Fulton Armory, and I can't stand them for badmouthing some product innovations, then lesss than a year later making a minor tweak and calling it a break through. I call it a bend over. At least when they gave us FA shirts at Perry we got to take home free wax rags for the car literally...

Like I said, I've made my peace with John Burns, and I understand what he does, does damn well and fills a market. Heck of a guy, heck of a shot, wished my shooting could hold a candle to his.

I'm not a for profit kind of guy, its just how I am, I expect a fair shake but I'm not in it for getting rich. Never have been. My wife reminds me of how much chit I do for free for folks quite often. Works for me though.

Now back to google rearden...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/news/a13919/new-steel-alloy-titanium/

Found this in the google search this morning, but now reading a bit slower, I guess it may not be called Rearden, it was in the rearden steel bit at the bottom of the search for rearden news....

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
if there is no such thing as rearden and its all fictional, then what are you to expect of a fictional barrel. LOL

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
It appears that Rearden Steel has risen from the ashes.

https://trademarks.justia.com/856/66/rearden-steel-85666289.html[/quote]

IC B2

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by lynntelk

https://trademarks.justia.com/856/66/rearden-steel-85666289.html
[/quote]

If you will click on the link below you will see who owns the trademark.
https://trademarks.justia.com/owners/austin-precision-products-inc-2453479/

The secret plot thickens.......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
haha...that's LaRue's shop address I believe.

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
Originally Posted by clark98ut
haha...that's LaRue's shop address I believe.

Yep, that's correct.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If you have a small sample of the steel in question, a chemical analysis can be run on that sample, to determine the chemical composition - which will tell you the grade. Second, a microhardness test can be run to learn the base metal hardness, and the presence of any hard surface layer, such as nitriding.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

TC1 Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by tex_n_cal
If you have a small sample of the steel in question, a chemical analysis can be run on that sample, to determine the chemical composition - which will tell you the grade. Second, a microhardness test can be run to learn the base metal hardness, and the presence of any hard surface layer, such as nitriding.

For a $200 barrel of questionable material, I'd just stick a magnet to it and and call it good to go. After seeing the logo and reading about "Rearden Steel" it's pretty obvious they don't want you to know. wink Mystery as a marketing campaign. Who wudda ever thunk it? I have no idea, maybe they do.

I hope it shoots clover leaf groups and I regret not getting one.

IC B3

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
TWR got one, so we will find out sooner or latter if it lives up to it's mystique. At the very least they should put "corrosion resistant" somewhere in their specifications. The stealth upper I looked at yesterday was well made, I don't care for quad rails and it was heavy however well made.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by rost495
if there is no such thing as rearden and its all fictional, then what are you to expect of a fictional barrel. LOL
laugh

Maybe they're trying to say, it's too good to be true. grin

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R

https://trademarks.justia.com/856/66/rearden-steel-85666289.html

If you will click on the link below you will see who owns the trademark.
https://trademarks.justia.com/owners/austin-precision-products-inc-2453479/

The secret plot thickens.......
[/quote]Makes sense. If they want to use the "trademark" without hassle, they would have to buy it or pay royalties.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
T
TWR Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
Funny, they've been using it for 3 years now and I've yet to hear a sour note from any owners...

Now tell me the truth, does knowing what something is made of make it any better? Y'all are getting twisted up over Mark's twisted sense of humor or that he just won't tell you the secret ingredients and most here myself included wouldn't know what difference it would make.

As long as it doesn't rust (I've yet to see any reports stating they do) shoots good (the light weight barrels have been living up to their 1 MOA guarantee) has good barrel life (saw one report of 9000 rounds and still doing it's thing, they claim 10,000 round barrel life) I'm perfectly fine with "Rearden" steel and the voo doo that goes along with it.

It's marketing and the steady back log of his rifles proves it's working. Get over it!

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I was a bit chagrined at my LT "Tim" conversation, however I am am much more puzzled by the vitriol surrounding LaRue and his barrels. Looking at it from his perspective I am inclined to agree that the reardon steel poke is pretty good and a nuanced stance regards a lot going on in this country. Now I must buy one just due to all this controversy!!! smile

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
If I were LaRue I wouldn't tell anyone what it was made of either. If you don't tell people, they'll speculate for three pages on hunting forums about it. It's free advertising.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
And I'd always be a crazy jerk to people, and make sure whoever answers my phone was too.

That's his schtick, it's what makes him stand out from the crowd.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
T
TWR Offline OP
Campfire Outfitter
OP Offline
Campfire Outfitter
T
He ought to send me a free hat. smile

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
you gotta like this about LaRue:

[Linked Image]

If I can't get the Mk12 shooting better, I might go for a LaRue replacement barrel, but I doubt I could tell the difference between a Krieger, Noveske, or LaRue...

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
Originally Posted by TWR
He ought to send me a free hat. smile

I will ask them to send it right away.... whistle

[Linked Image]

Page 5 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

617 members (1234, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 73 invisible), 2,664 guests, and 1,240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,667
Posts18,455,907
Members73,909
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.