24hourcampfire.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Fairly busy these days, but when I wandered close to the lead stash it called to me. Set about weighing lead and tin for a 30:1 mix on scales that measure to 1/10th ounce. Weighed lead until I thought it about right with assorted ingots from a Lyman ingot mould and muffin tin. 15# zero ounces on the button.

Put a stick of tin on the scale previously whacked from a 1# bar. 8.0 ounces on the button.

Probably I should play the lottery today?

Naw, I'm taking a nap.

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

BP-B2

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Don't buy a ticket.

You done shot your luck for the week.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Dan, you get to take naps? You already won the lottery!

I belong on eroding granite, among the pines.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Got Det Cord?

Bout ready to start on this bruiser, a freebie from an old customer that came off one of his tractors. Didn't weigh it but it has a pucker factor of at least 10+, think my wheel borrow could use some ibuprofen. grin

[Linked Image]

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Woody, I'd give my left one for a few hundred yards of det cord.

I see an ax in your future. Make a bet with an 18 year old that thinks he's tough. Cut it in 4 pieces in 10 minutes?

We want videos!

That thing serve as ballast on the Bunker Hill mebbe?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Bunker_Hill

I am..........disturbed.

Concerning the difference between man and the jackass: some observers hold that there isn't any. But this wrongs the jackass. -Twain

IC B2

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DigitalDan
Woody, I'd give my left one for a few hundred yards of det cord.

I see an ax in your future. Make a bet with an 18 year old that thinks he's tough. Cut it in 4 pieces in 10 minutes?

We want videos!

That thing serve as ballast on the Bunker Hill mebbe?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Bunker_Hill

It's probably just the smelter's ID stamp like I've seen on several other antique tricycle tractors especially Farmal models "H"and "M" that used em for counterweights.

From Wiki leaky..

The Bunker Hill Mine and Smelting Complex ("Bunker Hill smelter"), was a large smelter located in Kellogg, Idaho. When built, it was the largest smelting facility in the world.[1]

The late 1880s saw a boom in mining activity in Idaho's Silver Valley as railroad lines were built through what was previously inaccessible wilderness. The Bunker Hill mine, the largest of the Coeur d'Alene area mines, was discovered in 1885 by Noah Kellogg. Initially, the ore was shipped out of the Silver Valley by train for processing; but within a few years, mills had been built on-site to extract the metals from the ore. The process used by the first mills, known as "jigging", was very inefficient, often recovering less than 75% of the metal from the ore. This meant that large amounts of lead and other metals remained in the tailings, which were simply dumped in nearby waterways.[2] A cadmium processing facility was added to the smelter in 1945, which recovered high-grade cadmium from the smelter's waste products.[3]

You better be afraid of a ghost!!

"Woody you were baptized in prop wash"..crossfireoops

Woody
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Thanks for the history lesson! Makes sense.

I am..........disturbed.

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
YB23

Who's Online Now
720 members (117LBS, 10gaugemag, 12344mag, 01Foreman400, 10Glocks, 79 invisible), 2,696 guests, and 1,316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,187,686
Posts18,399,755
Members73,820
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.