Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 16 of 19 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19
M
M
Hi Gang
I do not know if it has been posted before but Timney makes a trigger/spring assy #870 for the remington 870 pump that also works on the 760/7600.
check it out on their website and click on the reviews tab for more info.

GB1

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
For a good trigger job contact:
Gary Sullivan
276-859-0003
custombarrelyahoo.com

He does good work at a very reasonable price. All you have to send is the trigger assembly.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
I guess Ill be the one to resurrect this thread. I actually joined the campfire because of this thread!

I put a down payment on a 760 in .35 rem today so I will be joining the brotherhood.

Questions//

What type of lube should I use on my slide so that I dont damage my O ring?

Ive noticed most of you use scope but Im an open sights kind of guy. What kind of accuracy are you open sighters getting?

Thanks in advance!

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Welcome to the campfire. Congrats on your purchase.

Right now I use Remington Drylube. I wouldn't use silicone based oil because some plastic/rubber compounds aren't compatable with it. I wouldn't shoot carb cleaner or products like Gun Scrubber on the O ring.

I've always used a scope on the 760 I had and on my 7600 I have now.

Campfire Greenhorn
Campfire Greenhorn
Originally Posted by Dave_in_WV
Welcome to the campfire. Congrats on your purchase.

Right now I use Remington Drylube. I wouldn't use silicone based oil because some plastic/rubber compounds aren't compatable with it. I wouldn't shoot carb cleaner or products like Gun Scrubber on the O ring.

I've always used a scope on the 760 I had and on my 7600 I have now.

Thanks and thanks! Ive just always been a die hard iron sighter and was curious if I was the only one.

IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Redneck - "my only beef with them are the magazines which can cause issues from time to time and replacing one's a spendy proposition...." I've priced checked them at approx. $25 each. Tikka mags run $72-75 ea. for "polymer" i.e. plastic...OUCH!
Mr. Murphy states if you only have one (1)mag you'll lose or misplace it...for sure! Regarards, Hometeader.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
The 760/7600 rifles are the easiest to get a scope mounted in my experience. I have a cleaning/maint. vice and I get the rifle level by using a magnetic torpedo level on the receiver and I use the vertical grids in a window to get the scope plumb.

S
S
I have a 270 caliber Remington 7600 that I have owned for at least 28 years. When I was a teen it rode with me in the truck and was beat around a lot. I used to shoot a box a week through it and to be honest I didn't clean it very often. Never jammed or had a misfire. The only problem I ever had with it was that it nicked the tip of the bullet every time I put one in the chamber. This nick never seemed to cause a problem with accuracy but it always bugged me. has anyone else ever had this problem with their 7600? I have not shot this gun in about 22 years. I plan on taking it to a gunsmith to have it cleaned and lubed. Future plans are to shoot it in riflegolf and start hunting again.

Originally Posted by CRS
he shoots left handed (left eye dominant).

ok, I read through the whole book (er, thread) and saw little further reference to this p. 1 comment.

I, too, am 'handicapped' i.e. right-handed, left-eye dominant. I was considering a 30-06 7600 to mount on my left shoulder. My worry/concern is right-side ejection -> across my face.

Does your 7600 eject forward/sideways/backwards? ... or every which way, depending upon how it feels? <G>
How does a left-side-mounted pump (or right-side ejecting lever) solution work out for south-paws?

I am interested in comments/observations, regarding this 'problem' workaround.

... or should I just [bleep]?

Thanks - in advance - for whatever insights.

Mike
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Empties are tossed rearward. I wouldn't be comfortable ejecting shells across my face if I were wrong handed. (I'd stick to tennis & baseball)
DMc

When you thought you'd seen everything:
[Linked Image]

...and more fun:
[Linked Image]

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This helped out a lot. I am picking up my 7600 30-06 tomorrow.

https://thehandloadinglog.wordpress.com
μολὼν λαβέ

"Weatherby was too long so I nicknamed it "Bee""
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by DMc
[Linked Image]

Sorry, but this one hurts the eyes. smile

O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Shooting the pumps lefty is not a problem , the brass will never touch you . Besides , you aren't flinging them out like a semi auto . They are the closest thing you'll find to an ambedexteras repeater . In fact Remington offered them in a lefty BDL back in the sixtys . I still have a couple of the jumbo lefthanded safetys . They stopped making them for liability reasons ! Which was wise on their part . Whenever I see one at auction set up for lefty I'll pm the seller to make sure he is cognisant of the potential danger of selling it that way . There are very few smiths that will switch them over to lefty anymore . When I switched my sons to lefty I made him promise me that he would never let anyone else use that rifle !!

Don't forget to have your Liberals spayed or neutered !
O
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
O
Originally Posted by SuperCub
Originally Posted by DMc
[Linked Image]

Sorry, but this one hurts the eyes. smile

It's pretty for sure , but too much drop in that stock for me !

Don't forget to have your Liberals spayed or neutered !
DMc Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
It's an optical illusion. The drop is exactly the same as the factory stock without a comb. (See the carbine above).
I was thinking of sending it to Ingwe for a test run on the much anticipated leopard print rattle can paint job he's promising!
Thx for chiming in.
DMc

Make Gitmo Great Again!!
Who gave the order to stop counting votes in the swing states on the night of November 3/4, 2020?
T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
Just found this thread. I thought it deserved resurrection...

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Bump for this awesome thread. Just spent the last couple of days browsing through the different comments.

My father gave me a 7600 30'06 when I was 15 years old, I still have the rifle in my safe. As a somewhat lanky 15 year old the unpadded walnut stock would crush my shoulder. Has anyone had success installing a custom butt pad?

Also, does everyone experience the same "automatic decocking" when shooting from a rest? (The rifle pumps itself through the recoil)

Is there anyway to tighten up the somewhat loose forend? The side to side movement kinda bugs.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I have a 7600 carbine in 35 Whelen. I typically try to milk as much HP as I can out of that short barrel so recoil can get a little stout. But very barable. I have fairly short arms and with a wool coat on the l.o.p. Was a little long so I cut my stock down then did a grind to fit lim saver pad. It's an awesome improvement.

K
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
K
Originally Posted by SuperCub
I've used a Leup 1.5x5 on my Carbine for years. It's perfect!

[Linked Image]

Gorgeous rifle, custom fitted butt pad?

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Here's an "Amish Machine Gun", a Rem 760 BDL Deluxe, complete with "see-thru: scope mounts and a period-correct Bushnell banner. It belonged to an elderly neighbor for his annual Deer Camp week in PA. It mostly sat in the gunrack as the cards were dealt and the beer consumer. You can see bluing isn't even worn off the action rails. $540 shipped to anyone interested.

[Linked Image]

Page 16 of 19 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 19

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

103 members (7mm_Loco, 007FJ, 10gaugemag, 35, Akhutr, 7x57Hunter, 9 invisible), 1,512 guests, and 755 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,190,599
Posts18,454,564
Members73,908
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.